Part 16 - Night

When they are arrived in front of hospital, both of them look each other.

" I will wait here. " Don says.

Edgar who listens what Don said, just go inside to meet Rose. As she walks forwardly and fast toward the room that Rose said she was there. Finally she met her sitting outside emergency room. Rose stands as she is surprised like seeing ghost.

" Hey, why are you here? "

" I bring these food, Rose. Wait, are you already finished? Why are you sit outside, enjoying the night winds? Well, Is everything okay? "

" Aww you don't need to do it, Ed. And yeah, I have a little bit free time right now. But I don't know, maybe they still need my help again after this. " Rose grabs her package.

Then Edgar sit beside Rose. She leans a little into the wall.

" You know what, I think I'm ready to unveil myself, sweetie. "

" Why ? You already meet him ? " Rose asks while opening one of the bread.

" Yeah, that noisy guy you took and you ever described before. I mean, he's not the hero who has super strength or an esper who can switches places. But still, he's gonna care to you so much and protect you. I feel those guardian angel vibes, he can do it.. " Edgar told her story as smile covers her face.

" If you say so, but I really-- " Rose thinks with calm face as sadness tries to manipulate her face.

" You don't need to give your heart first. If fate say so, he's the one who will steal your heart, Rose. I feel the same thing.. " Edgar says.

As she put her hand in her chest, feels chaotic beating in the heart. Rose feels heavy and little bit uneasy. However she has different opinion like her best friend.

" I tried to make over myself as a 'boy' here because Iris asks me to protect you and you know, I can't turn down her, right? And somehow this noisy guy, is the knight that you ever wonder when he will come, Rose. Maybe he's the real one, just opens your heart a little. First, I thought I can throw away my woman side but this boy bring it back like a thunder shock. "

" But I thought he's insensitive, right? So dense.. " Rose feels sadness in his heart.

Then Edgar hugs her tightly and between the breeze of night wind, she whispers,

" He is just pure. He has no bad intention to you. That's rare for a boys, isn't that? And sometimes stupid isn't the meanest thing in the world, right? And for another good story, he never changes from the first time you meet him. He's not contaminated by every fears you afraid from. "

" Yeah, actually it's already more than two years, my eyes met his. How bright his eyes are, it's like dives in the ocean. It's like yesterday, Ed. It's funny he didn't remember me. At that time, when he come and ask my name in front of the library, actually I feel a sore in here. " Rose points her chest as she remembered the first time he met Don. She smiles uneasily as her eyes becomes teary.

It was still carved clearly in her eyes. When she makes her mind to shows in Don's sight, everything's changed. Deep down in her heart, she feels uncomfortable to lives in Don's story. But she came out from the shell, decided to quit her job as his watcher. She breaks the habit and want to make their story piece by piece. She's just tired becomes supporting character.

" You really like to read book, right? Now, it's time you write your own story, Rose.. "

Rose thinks then nods as she hears Edgar word chanting in a low voice through her ears. She erases her tears that flows from her eyes.