.: Chapter 9 :.

Copyright and Disclaimer:

I do not own Shokugeki no Soma, or any of it characters, sadly. It all belongs to, Yūto Tsukuda and Yoshitomo Yonetani. Only the character Yukihira Saika belongs to me.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

Isshiki-senpai's personal kitchen was far from being simple. The floor was tiled with polished light grey tiles and the walls were covered in a pure white coat of paint. All metal kitchen counters seem to gleam when sunlight hit them. I went to a random drawer and opened it. Before my eyes was a collection of knives. Not just any knives though, they were the finest knives I've ever seen in my day in the kitchen. They had a comfortable grip and the metal part looked new and freshly sharpened. "Beautiful." I whispered to myself unintentionally. Apparently I wasn't quiet enough. "Those things? I got them a few months ago. They are quite old now. I'm getting new ones soon." Said Isshiki-senpai. 'Old?' I thought to myself, 'These look as if they were bought yesterday.' I just nod, hoping that this conversation doesn't continue.

Now I am standing at the front of my two senpais...... very awkwardly. "So, what dish do you want me to make?" I asked, breaking the silence. Isshiki-senpai smiled at me and said, "Anything that suits your craving right now." 'What do I want?' I asked myself. I then closed my eyes and thought about it.

Another thought came into my mind. "Hey, Isshiki-senpai, you have enough ingredients for whatever my recipe is going to be, right?". I saw his eye widen. "Did you not think this through Satoshi?"said Rindou-senpai quite loudly. Isshiki-senpai once again smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "Oh well, try to make a dish to satisfy both of us with the leftover ingredients in the kitchen." "O-Okay." I said. Then I went for a little walk around to scan for ingredients.

I checked the fridge, cupboards and baskets and counters. 'There are plenty of different spices and herbs...... Mirin and sake.......... Eggs.......... Miso........... Mackerel fillets............' I thought to myself as I walked around the kitchen. Then a light bulb switched on in my head. I turned around to face my two senpais and smirked. "Rindou-senpai, Isshiki-senpai your order is starting now."

I got all my needed ingredients and started to create my dish. Yukihira-style miso-marinated mackerel fillet.

Isshiki Satoshi's POV:

"Hey, Satoshi." Said Rindou, catching my attention.

"Yeah?' I replied.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you?" replied Rindou.

"What have I done?" I asked her.

"Letting her use left overs. You don't expect her to create a decent dish, do you?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about." I finalized and watch Yukihira-san cook.

'Anyone who can't do a simple task like this has no rightful place at Totsuki Culinary Academy...' I thought to myself.

[A/N: Sorry, I really can't be bothered to write down all of the steps of this recipe so I'm just going to skip to the part where Saika is adding the finishing touches 🙃]

Yukihira Saika POV:

I finally finished all the preparations and cooking my main component. I divide it between 3 plates and put more sauce onto the plates and garnish with pickled ginger slices.

I carried two of my plates to my senpais. "Thanks for waiting!" I said while placing it down on the table in front of them. They looked at each other for a moment before turning to me. "You can eat right now if you want." Rindou-senpai said. "Yes!" I shouted out and ran to where my food was and started eating.

After I had scoffed down my food like a wild animal, I could see that Isshiki-senpai and Rindou-senpai were still eating the meal I had just created. I said a quick goodbye and went out of the kitchen. I retraced my steps and ended up out of the luxurious building building I was just in. The sun was already getting ready for bed. Not too far away from me, I spot someone sitting on a hill. I walked over there and realised that it was my brother. "Hey, Soma." I said as I sat next to him. "Sai-chan? What are you doing here?" He asked me. I told my twin brother of the things that had happened to me after I got kicked out. "Oh, I see. Do you think you got in?" He quired after I told him what happened. "Maybe, maybe not." I answered. I then turned my head to look at the sun slowly disappearing from sight.

Isshiki Satoshi POV:

"Ah, Isshiki-kun, Kobayashi-san, what is it that you need?" The Dean asked us when we entered his office. "I understand that there was an applicant trying out for the academy named Yukihira Saika." I said while looking at him straight in the eye. "Yes there is. She was not accepted as said by the examiner." He told the both of us. "Well, we would like to oppose that." said Rindou. I told the Dean about our meeting with Yukihira Saika and the quality of the dish she made. "It was quite well made considering the limited amount of ingredients." I explained to him. "Okay, I'll consider what you just said." Was his reply and dismissed us. We stood up, bowed and exited his office.

Yukihira Saika...... What an interesting person........

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

Author Note:

Yay! I'm not dead (Yet)!!!!

It's been roughly 2 months since the last update soooooo......... yeah........

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please comment, vote and share any suggestions you might have!

(Word Count: 858)     (4th October 2017)

-Vina