.: Chapter 5 :.

Copyright and Disclaimer:

I do not own Shokugeki no Soma, or any of it characters, sadly. It all belongs to, Yūto Tsukuda and Yoshitomo Yonetani. Only the character Yukihira Saika belongs to me.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

Both Soma and I stood at the foot of the culinary academy. We stared at it wide-eyed, not knowing what to say or to do. I seemed to be entranced by the intimidating height of the large shadowed building that reached the cloud line. Finally snapping out of my zombie-like trance, I looked left and right. I saw many other applicants. All of them look very sophisticated unlike us. We were totally out of place. I nudged Soma's arm a little and gestured towards to large group of expensive cars that have gathered. Soma passed me his phone and I spoke to dad.

"We stick out like a sore thumb here." I tried to reason with him, "Why do all the other applicants have bodyguards, butlers and stuff like that? Not to mention expensive cars."

"Oh, have I forget to mention?"

"I feel like to forgot many things old man." I mumbled under my breath. I small snicker escaped Soma's lips before we turned our attention back to dad.

"Both of you are taking the transfer admission exam for one of the best culinary schools in the entire country. Best of luck for you Saika, Soma."

"Hey Jo!" Shouted a foreign accent in the background. 'I wonder who that was?'

"Please wait a moment!" I heard dad shout back.

"Where are you right now old man?" queried Soma, voicing my question.

"New York City." 'What?!' "I'm in the VIP reception hall of Manhattan Royal Hotel."

"Huh?!" Both my brother and I let out.

"That is where I am cooking now."

"Hey Jo! Thanks for coming back to New York!" Said that foreign accent from before. "This is the best dinner ever!" I series or laughter followed. 'Coming back? Wait, that means he has been there before."

"Quiet down, Doctor McFly! You don't want your blood pressure going up again."

After a while, murmurs of chatter vanished as a booming crash could be heard. "Is Yukihira here?" Came a thunderous voice. I don't even know what happened from then on. I heard something about giving up religion or something along those lines. The shouts and screams of people started to get quieter and quieter as footsteps became louder and louder. Dad was probably walking away.

"First I went to India. Then to Italy and Spain. I just arrived in America yesterday. I plan to cook in cities that are on the East Coast for the time being."

"Sorry, I'm not following." I said into the phone.

"Hey Soma, Sai-chan, if you can't survive that academy until you graduate, you can kiss your hopes of surpassing me goodbye."

Now I'm really excited. A large grin etched itself onto my face. I could see that Soma had the same expression on his face. We looked at each other for a few seconds before we shouted into the phone, "Just watch us old man!". I could just imagine the smirk that he would have on his face right now. "Good. Then let me tell you two a secret that will help improve your cooki-", before he could finish we cut him off.

We started to walk inside as my mind started to think back to what Dad said a few seconds ago.

'Kiss our dream of surpassing him goodbye? I don't think so I'm definitely going to make it graduation. Both me and Soma!'

I looked around a bit and let me just say, the inside is just as good looking as the outside. Many people were walking around. Some looked anxious, I wonder why. Soma and I were walking side by side then, 'Thud'. A loud could be heard from beside me. Soma had his foot up on a wooden bench. He probably kicked it. Sitting on the bench was a polish-looking foreign guy. He has a turquoise vest on and a large red bow tie. He was sitting there drinking tea and beside him were who I think are his butler and bodyguard. 'Damn rich people!'

"Sorry, I didn't mean to kick your seat." My brother instantly apologised. The rich boy just smiled and replied, "No need to apologise. You're also hoping to transfer here, right? Both of you, please, take a seat." "O-Okay." I answered and we both sat down. Soma was in the middle while I sat on his left. "High school qualifying exam results being announced, and transferring exams being held for people like us things are pretty lively today." He explained to us. "I'm Nikaido Yoshiaki. My family runs a French restaurant." He introduced himself. "Really? What a coincidence." Said my brother, "Our family runs a restaurant as well!" I finished for him. He went on and explained how everyone here had some sort of cooking industry pedigree of some sort before he asked us what our place is called.

"Oh. Yukihira." Answered Soma, snapping out of some sort of day dream.

"Yukihira. That some sort of traditional Japanese restaurant then."

A small chuckle left Soma's mouth and I just gave a little smile. "We aren't big of a thing."

"We're just a diner downtown..."

Before Soma could finish, the rich boy stood up and kicked him off the seat. I am so glad that I'm not in Soma's place. My brother landed and the floor in a really weird position and I just sat there wide-eyed. I felt something behind me and sure enough, the rich boy was projecting something aura-like.

"How dare you sit next to me, you low class commoner! And you little girl, I don't care how pretty you look, just listen up, both of you. This academy isn't for the likes of you. This is a sacred place which is meant for the members of the upper ranks of food industry. That is the type of place that Totsuki Teahouse Culinary School is! Low lives like you two won't even make it past the written exam..." He was cut off by Soma holding the rich kid up by his collar. His butler and bodyguard just stood there with a shocked expression. Terrible bodyguard in my opinion.

"You haven't even tried Yukihira's food! You don't get to judge the quality of it!" Soma then let him down and the butler and bodyguards shouted, "Young Master!". "Come on Sai-chan." Then he walked away with and urk mark on his forehead. I ran to catch up to him. He had an angry look on his face. Whispers and rumors have already started. As we walked by people said things like, "Wow, some people from diner think they can transfer in." and "You've got to be kidding me. Those two should know their place. The good first impression I had of this place as now drifted away into the far distance, probably into a dumpster. If things are going to be like this from now on, I wonder what arrogant ass we have as an examiner. We kept walking and passed a sign that read, 'Togetsu Teahouse Culinary Academy High School Division Transfer Examination Hall' in large print.

Welp, might as well get this over and done with. 

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

A/N:

5th chapter is up! I will hopefully get to start writing the 6th chapter soon!

Got over 400 reads on this!

Please comment, vote and share any suggestions you might have!

(Word Count: 1182)     (14th April 2017)

- Vina ✌️