|ChApTeR FoRtY oNe| Love-Hate

Start from the beginning

My cold hand crept from my mouth...to my wrist. My fingers curled around the sleeve of my hoodie and the fabric quaked between my thumb and middle finger. I couldn't even dare to lift it up-not when I was aware of what those scars kept count of.

Lives.

I crumpled to the ground, tugging at the strands of my hair, wanting time to just stop. Now that I had noticed it I was...tired. I didn't notice it before, but I was really tired. I felt as if I had just slept 12 hours, and although my bones creaked with every sudden movement, I was so drained that I had the unsurpressable urge to doze off for another 12 hours.

The faint flicker of a golden light caught my eye.

"That, (Name), is what we call a coma."

A soft, gentle hand brushed along my tightly squeezed fist and carefully unfurled my shaking fingers. I turned around. After so long of being tormented into ignorance, I was able to finally see the person that had been helping me during my time in the mansion. I took in each and every detail of the person's appearance.

His slicked back blonde hair under a black tricorn hat, matching flowing cloak draped along his broad shoulders, brilliant blue eyes. It felt all too familiar. Like...like-

"G-Ger...ma...

No, that wouldn't make sense...

Who...who are you?"

Pain. Pain all over his eyes. He covered it all up with a smile and placed a hand on my head.

"My name is Holy Roman Empire. Call me Holy Rome, (Name)."

Hearing the sincerity in his true identity put me at ease. I ran a soft hand along his forearm, almost gratefully, returning his warm smile.

"Well then...Long time no see, Holy Rome."

"I'm truly sorry for not being able to contact you. A certain person-or people-have kept me from doing so.

The 2ps."

"Wh-What?" It was true, I haven't seen or even talked to Holy Rome ever since I had touched Italy's journal and summoned Luciano. Speaking of that journal, I still had no idea why I was randomly making 2ps appear. Nevermind that, what I had picked up was that Holy Rome spoke of the 2ps in an irritated grumble. "What do you mean?"

"2ps are very strong beings. Even if they are the opposing side to the spectrum of 1ps, they are just as powerful. If you remember, I've only been able to talk to you through dreams. Have you gotten the concept of dreamscapes explained to you?"

"Yeah. It's basically a connection of two people through their dreams by creating a scenario or a certain place in your mind. Luciano told me."

"Luciano," His voice was almost like a growl, a snarl that came out from between his tight lips. "I surely wouldn't say that I was on the best of terms with him, or with any of the 2ps for that matter." Holy Rome gave a huff and murmured another bit, "And you haven't even met that with cupcake-loving guy with the impossibly high level of insanity..."

"Huh?"

"Ahem...it's not important right now. In any case, I have been unable to contact you because of the 2ps. When you summoned Luciano, I was constantly trying my best to get to you but his magic level overpowered mine. Now that there're two others with him, their magic combined is much stronger than his, even with Luciano's sudden decrease in magic and energy rate. Thankfully, Luciano and I have made a deal. He agreed that I could be able to talk to you whenever I wanted. 

He is most likely going to establish some kind of boundary anyway, so I don't think I'll be able to contact you all the time." Holy Rome crossed his arms. He frowned and tipped his head to glare at the ground.