Chapter 15 Missing

So, this was how it was now? People just sticking their nose where it doesn't belong? The police were outside the establishment, covering most of the outside of it. The lights from the cars flashing as a warning to keep away.

Vincent knew he should probably keep his distance, but he didn't have a choice. Cussing to himself, he got out of the car standing at the open door surveying the area. Cawthon was the only familiar face out there. Standing there while talking, wringing his hands together anxiously.

Fuck how did the police figure it out so quick?

Vincent scoffed to his thoughts feeling his eye twitch with annoyance. This was just ridiculous, annoying even. Normally it takes about a few days before they poke around after a disappearance. This would be the fifth one from the establishment, when did they care so much? (Is it because they have to care now?)

Vincent scoffed to himself at the thought, quickly walked over to see what was happening. His intense gaze caught Cawthon's, he looked sad. Oh honestly was he never going to catch a break? This was just tedious. (Were they asking for more information than normal?)

"What's goin' on?" Vincent pushed the sleeves of his uniform up, asking the question as he got closer to his boss. God he was exhausted, his eyes burned. Vincent was was up almost all night looking for you per the agreement. (Though even if he agreed to show the others where you were he had his own alterer motives. He wanted his revenge on that jackass for breaking the deal. He didn't do all that for nothing!)

"Did you not get my email?" Cawthon's voice pulled Vincent from his thoughts. He turned to look towards him seeming pensive. The officers who had just been talking to Cawthon parted walking towards something else. Clearly leaving the two men to it.

"No." Vincent stuffed his hands into his pockets trying to keep his composure. It was hard with how angry he was.

"Oh-well, you see, I got a call this morning from the police department. It seems one of (Y/N) friends reported to them about her disappearance. She didn't make it home this morning." Cawthon glanced towards the doors of the pizzeria. His gaze lingered on the clear glass longingly, until he seemed to make a decision.
"Here let's talk inside."

Walking ahead Cawthon stepped inside the establishment, holding the door open for Vincent. At first Vincent just watched Cawthon walk but begrudgingly he followed after him, not with out glaring at the cops as he passed. (This was bullshit. The police were nothing but a hoax. They didn't care that much when those kids disappeared. And they certainly didn't care this much when his daughter died. Vincent knew who killed her with out a doubt. It was him. His experiment killed her. Vincent was certain it was. But with no evidence it was just an accident. He hated the police. They were a joke.)

Police were inside as well, though it wasn't nearly as many as outside, Vincent guessed they were trying to make it look like they were doing their job. Cawthon didn't pay them any mind walking further down passing the entrance making his way towards the main performance room.

No one was really in here. The rest must be in the office where you were supposedly last seen. Vincent glanced up towards the stage feeling their gaze on him. He rolled his eyes.

"I have something important to talk to you about." Cawthon let out a deep breath.
"As you know, the police are investigating us again, though because we were the last people to talk to her they'll want to take us down to the station. I'm afraid that this is the last incident we can handle as a franchise before having to close our doors. This is it for the establishment."

It felt a little too quite after Cawthon spoke. It was a lot of information to pick through. The interrogation wouldn't be long, Vincent already knew that, but closing the doors of the pizzeria? That felt a little odd. (But it made sense. This was the last strike to the reputation. There was no coming back or making excuses for this one now.)