Twenty

Rena pov

I moaned a bit as I got out of the burning car, I felt as if I had some kind of magic power or something. I didn't know how I had managed to survive everything we'd been through.

I limped as I walked, I didn't know what to do. I didn't know where to go, I was afraid, but there was only one thing on my mind.

Destruction.

I needed to burn everything to the ground, I found an abandoned farm and made my way inside. I didn't know what to do, I looked around the barn and hoped to get some warmth.

I couldn't stand myself, I couldn't stand anybody. There was a mental block as to what happened, I couldn't remember what made me so bitter, but I knew I was.

I needed to relax and get away from everything and everyone, I didn't think I would ever be able to trust anyone ever again. I didn't know how I was going to get away from everything, I dragged a sword with me on the ground as I paced the farm.

I felt like a savage animal, I didn't want any human contact.

"I'm not possessing you Rena, this is all you. Your every move, your every fuck up. And you wonder why we're after you."

I shivered as I heard the voices once again over the pounding rain, I heard ringing in my ears as well. I pulled a hand through my hair wondering what would happen, I didn't know what humanity was anymore. I just knew I was a mess up.

I had never been liked, I had never been loved, and I had never been wanted or needed. I broke down crying at the thought of this, I tried remembering what was going on and what had happened to make me the way I was.

One day I had been normal and then the next I wasn't, I had to live with this every day. I had to live with the guilt of everyone's death on my mind and on my hands, I couldn't control myself.

I was afraid of myself, I knew I was nothing but trouble. I just wondered why anybody wanted to befriend me, I shook the thought from mind and sat down in front of the fire.

I stuck the sword in and twisted it around a bit, I smirked and laughed as I took it out and placed it on my arm. I screamed a little and hoped nobody would be around here, I did this over and over until I couldn't feel anything anymore.

I looked around and stuck the knife in the fire once more, I found a horse and some other farm animals and killed them all one by one. I didn't want to have to bother with anybody, I didn't need attention.

There was no going back for me, I had jumped off the sane train years ago. I had become crazy and nobody cared, they never cared about me.

"Stop hurting me, stop hurting my loved ones. Stop haunting me, you're not real. You're just some figment of my imagination."

I pulled a hand through my hair and watched the blood trickling down my arms in the firelight, I couldn't help laughing. I was a mad woman, nobody could or would talk any sense into me, I had beaten everybody at my own game.

"There's no turning back Rena, we're not going to stop until you lull yourself. That's the only way it'll stop baby girl."

I couldn't stand to be with myself, no wonder everybody had left me. I understood why they had done what they'd done, I couldn't do much about it anymore.

"I'm nobody's baby girl, fuck you. Damn it, you think I like myself, you think I like my life. You're dead wrong, I hate myself."

I hoped whoever or whatever it was that was inside me was happy, I didn't know what I had ever done. I didn't know what I did to deserve this, I didn't want to be here. I couldn't take it anymore, everything was beginning to become too much.

"That's part of it, the world would be better off without you kitten."

I shivered at the voices, I was afraid. I couldn't do anything to make them stop, I was pissed off and needed to make it better.

"Don't call me kitten, Liam and Luke called me kitten. Nobody else can ever call me that."

I didn't want anybody calling me anything that reminded me of my boyfriends, I started remembering somethings Casey had said to me. Both good and bad, I remembered the first time he had told me he loved me.

I shook the reverie from mind and hoped to make a better thing of myself, I wanted to be alright. I didn't know what to do with myself, I didn't bother cleaning up the blood from me or the animals.

"We'll call you whatever we want to Rena, you're being replaced as we speak. We've always been in your head, we've always been in your body. We've always taken over you Rena."

I limped out of the farm, I was confused as to why there had been any animals if it was abandoned. I knew this was all or nothing, I needed to end it now, I couldn't keep going on like this.

I was delusional at best, I didn't trust myself. I just hoped it would be alright, I looked forward to this all, I looked forward to being reunited in the afterworld with my sister and everybody else.

"I'm not going to stand for this anymore, I hate you guys. I've let you take over me for way too long, the only way I can end it is meeting everybody else in the afterworld."

I didn't know what I knew or what I ever believed anymore, I had gotten my sword from someone on my way out of the hell hole I had been in.

I didn't know how long it would be raining for, I went back to the barn and lit a torch on fire. I threw it into the barn with myself in it.

Thank you guys for reading this series, I hope you like it. Thank you ChrissyK92 and alyssab156 for being there for me and thank you for listening to my ideas.