Sixteen

Rena pov

I listened to Liam not knowing what to say, I didn't know what to do. I was saddened and wished I could figure everything out, I didn't know what to think, I felt as if I was going numb.

I pulled a hand through my hair and balled my hands into fists, I bit my lip slightly as I heard what he had to say. I didn't know how to react to this, I couldn't help the tears flowing though.

I didn't know how to change everything, I didn't know how to go back into time and change it. I would if I could, but I knew I couldn't, I couldn't go back in time, it just wasn't what it used to be.

"Th-thanks for telling me Liam."

I wiped at my tears and wondered how this would go, I knew he thought he was helping me. But it would have been better left unsaid, I didn't know what to make of everything.

I was confused and needed to figure things out, I waited to hear from Liam and wondered what he had going on in his mind.

"You're welcome, I figured it was better me to tell you then for you to figure it out through everybody else."

I didn't want to hurt him, but I couldn't really help what happened to Liam.

"I appreciate it Li, I really do."

I wrapped my arms around him and buried my head into his chest, I didn't know how long this would go on for. I was just content knowing I had him here with me in the facility he'd paid for me to attend to.

"I love you Rena, just know it'll be alright no matter what happens. And just know I'm always there for you no matter what baby girl."

I looked up to him and kissed him, I wasn't sure what to make of everything. It was all beginning to be too much, I was getting to where I just wanted to end it all. Go back in time and never be born, I wanted to get my mind off of everything.

"I love you too Li, it'll be alright. We'll figure everything out baby boy."

I didn't know what to make of this, I needed a distraction and I hoped it would come soon. I needed to figure things out, I needed to get away from everything and everyone. I was content knowing I had a new life in a way though.

I was afraid of what would happen, but that didn't matter to me. I wanted to be able to start over and hoped I would be able to be there for Liam. It was to the point where he was needing me most in his life right now.

I broke away from the kiss and hoped for the best, I looked Liam in the eye wondering why or even how we'd managed to get to this place in our lives. I didn't want to have to look out for the both of us, I wanted to make the best of this for us.

I loved him and I would do whatever I could for him, but I also had to look after myself as well.

"Lets go out for a little bit Re, we can get some dinner and talk. We can catch up and then come back here after."

I wasn't sure if he'd gotten a hotel room or not, but even if he did I wouldn't be able to see him. The treatments they put us through wasn't what I had ever expected, I didn't know what kind it was. But it was scary sometimes.

"Do you have a hotel room, maybe we could go there for the time being while you're here."

I shrugged a little wondering if he'd be alright with that, I didn't know what his plan had been when he got here. I pulled a hand through my hair and wondered how much time we'd have together.

I was annoyed by the time the orderlies came in and told us it was time for our treatment, I shook my head no and looked to Liam for help.

"I don't want to go, and no, I don't have a hotel room. Not yet at least, and I don't need any treatment, I signed in as a guest to visit my girlfriend."

I kissed Liam once more and whispered into his ear, I didn't know what to expect. I was just curious, I didn't know what to make happen, I could only be there for him.

"I'm sorry sir, but you signed yourself in as a patient. You're subjected to treatment now that you've signed in."

I looked to the orderly and rolled my eyes a bit, I didn't know what to make of this. I was content knowing Liam was here though, and I hoped he was here to take me out of this place for good.

"I'm not staying in this god forsaken place, I'm here to take Rena away from here. I just want some time with her."

I watched as the orderlies took out their needles with sleep syrum, I didn't know what to do to help my boyfriend. I smiled though and took it from her and plunged it into his neck.

"I love you Liam, night night baby boy. Don't worry, I'll be here when you wake up, and it's not just a nightmare."

I laughed a little and kissed him, I didn't care how long this took. I didn't love Liam, I couldn't. I didn't love anybody but Casey, and I couldn't have him now either because Nia killed him.

I had been crying because I was sad knowing they'd died, but I also expected it too. I expected most everybody to be gone, one by one they were all dropping off the face of the earth like dead flies on the wall.

I wanted to watch every last one of them die, disintegrate into ashes and never come back. I wanted to burn everything and everyone to the ground.