Eighteen

Liam pov

I knew there was no way of getting out of here, I sighed sadly coughing through the smell of smoke, I had woken up and got up to see what was going on. I pulled a hand through my hair and pulled my phone out to call Rena.

I knew she was the cause of this fire, but I couldn't pin point her. I didn't know what to do, I hoped she'd answer the phone. I wasn't sure if she would answer, I knew it was worth the try though.

"Rena, I love you, did you do this. Set the fire I mean, no don't even answer that babe."

I pulled a hand through my hair and tried finding my way through the corridor, I wasn't sure what to make of everything. I didn't know what would happen or even what I did.

"I love you too Liam, have a good life."

I was confused by her response to me, I stumbled through the haze and hoped I could find my way out of there. I was afraid I wasn't going to make it, I coughed and gagged a bit on the smoke.

"Rena, I'm not sure I'll make it out of here. It's too foggy and everything is burning, everything is falling to ruins."

I dodged some falling debris and tried going through the thickness of the smoke, I couldn't see an inch in front of me and I was afraid. I was afraid of dying, I knew Rena had been through so much.

I would never fully understand what she was going through, but I knew I could be alright. I didn't know what would happen, I just hoped that whatever happened that I would make it out alive. And if I didn't make it out alive I hoped Rena knew how much I loved her.

"I'm sorry Liam, I can't be who you want or need me to be. I wish things could have been better, but you don't understand what I've been through."

I knew she was partially right, I didn't know what to do anymore. I just knew I needed to figure it out and somehow make it out of here alive. I coughed some more not knowing where I was in the building, I had tried to escape time after time, but I didn't think there was any way out.

Although Rena had somehow found a way out, I was about to pass out at any given second. I wasn't sure what to expect or how this would go, I wanted Rena to know how much she meant to me.

"You are who I want and need you to be baby, just help me get out of here please. I can't be here alone, you would have given me a heads up if you really loved me what was going on."

I just hoped she knew I loved her, I was confused and couldn't keep going much longer. I was trying to hold on for Rena.

"Don't ever forget Liam, I love you no matter what happens. I'm thankful for the time we had together, and I'm sorry this had to have happened. But maybe one of these days we can be reconnected in the afterlife."

I didn't really believe in the afterlife or anything like that, but I would give her the benefit of the doubt. I didn't know what would happen, I just hoped if I did die that it would be quickly.

I wasn't sure if she really did love me, but I couldn't fault her one way or another. I fell from exhaustion and from the flames and fumes and everything that happened, I tried not to give up on Rena.

Everything around me was going dark, I didn't look forward to this. I didn't look forward to much of anything, I felt bad, I had fucked Rena up just as much as I had fucked myself up. I had let her down, I couldn't have figured it out to save my life.

"Don't let me go Rena bean."

I blacked out then, the darkness over taking me. I hadn't ever expected to die this way, at the hands of someone I loved. I didn't want to have to worry about myself or anybody else anymore, this was obviously what Rena wanted.

She was getting what she wanted and I didn't have to worry about fighting with her anymore, I didn't have to worry about losing a battle I could never win. I tried crawling outside, but I couldn't even gather enough strength to do this.

I wasn't sure if anything would turn out well or not, I wanted to get out of here alive, but I couldn't keep fighting. I just couldn't bring myself to do so, I was losing this battle and I couldn't fight it. Life was knocking me off my feet and I worried a bit about leaving everyone behind, but I had given so much up for Rena.

I didn't know what to do, I didn't know if my phone had hung up or cracked or what with all the heat around. I just wanted to give up, I had so much yet I had nothing to live for, I didn't know what to do. I was dazed and confused.

I just hoped that whatever happened to Rena, that she'd be alright. I wanted to make sure she got out of it safely, I was afraid of messing things up, I had messed up terribly over the last year.

I had walked in on Nia and Casey having sex, but I hadn't ever told Calum. I hated myself for doing that and wondered if this was my punishment for not telling anyone, I shrugged the thought from mind and hoped for the best.

I just hoped that it would be alright, I was afraid. I was dying alone, nobody would ever look for me, maybe my family would try and find me. But I doubted that.

I held on as long as I could, I needed to let go though. I wanted and needed to make the best of this, and I knew if this was what Rena wanted then she would get what she wanted.

I opened my eyes weakly and couldn't bring myself to see anything, I closed my eyes and laid on my stomach. I stopped worrying about trying to get out alive, I didn't want this happening. But sometimes you just had to give up and forget.

I slipped under, this was everything I never wanted. Rena beat me at her own game, she just wanted us to all be a pawn in it. It was truly never Casey, but I didn't know that for sure. I just needed to let go for good, I felt good about my possible revelation.