Four

Rena pov

I talked with Luke, I knew it really wasn't him. But I was thankful knowing it was at least his spirit that was here and talking to me, I didn't know what to expect. I wasn't sure if I was in a dream state or if I was actually seeing and talking to Luke.

Everything didn't make any sense, I didn't understand why Casey wanted me out of the picture if he loved me. He was crazy at best, last I had heard he'd been arrested, but if he escaped jail somehow then he could be on his way here any minute now.

I pulled a hand through my hair as he left, I pouted a bit and wiped at my eyes. I didn't know if he'd really came to me or if I was just out of it, I didn't know if I had lost blood or anything.

I sighed slightly as I heard someone coming back, I bit my lip as I looked up to Casey. I really did need to talk to him, I didn't want to be stalked and I was afraid he'd continue to do just that.

I didn't like this anymore then Luke did, but I decided I was going to give Case the time of day. I needed to give him the chance to explain himself, and I needed to tell him that I really didn't want to be with him. There was no chance we would ever work out together.

"Rena, listen. I get that you're mad and upset with me, and I'm sorry I've fucked everything up. But you've got to understand, I'm not right in the head babe."

I smiled at his weak attempt at an apology, I wasn't sure what to do now, I didn't want to really bother with him. But I needed to talk to him and I hoped he would listen, just like I was listening to him.

"I get it Casey, I really do. But you've got to understand, you and me. We'll never work out, I can't be with you. There's always going to be a part of me that'll love you, but as a brother or a friend. You've put me through hell and back these last couple of years."

I watched as he sat down and then looked away, I wished things would go back to normal between us all. Especially between me and Casey, everything had gone downhill, I should have known all those nights ago that he was trouble when he walked in the room.

I flinched a little as Casey wrapped his arm around me, I felt as if everything was floating around me. Like I had died and came back as a ghost like Luke, I didn't want Casey touching me, but I wanted to at least give him this much.

I wasn't sure how he would take this, considering he'd tried to hurt me at every chance he could get.

"And I'll always love you Rena, I don't want to let you go. I really don't, and I know an apology won't bring Luke back, but you don't know what I've been through over the years. I enjoy seeing you in pain."

I knew I should have expected this, I was frustrated and needed to get away from him. I needed him to leave and never come back.

"Case, honestly, I need you to leave me alone and never talk to me again. I do forgive you, but I can't be with you. And please, don't call me, and don't write to me. I can't deal with you Case."

I was expecting him to slap me, I didn't know what would set him off and what wouldn't. I hated knowing it came down to this, I didn't want to have to let him down the way I was, and I didn't want to have to let him down in general.

"Rena, dong make me do this, please. You don't understand, at least hear me out."

"I am hearing you out Casey, but you don't understand. Everything I've ever done for you, I'm sorry if I ever led you on. I never meant to."

I laid my head on his shoulder thinking things through, I felt as if we were just friends again. This was just as hard for me as it was hard for him, I wanted to be there for Casey, yet I honestly couldn't bring myself to do so.

He scared me, yet I wanted that part of me to be his friend. He'd always been like a brother to me, and I had a feeling this was how it always would be. I couldn't help the tears from slipping, I didn't know why I was crying, I didn't want to have to worry about him.

I wished Calum and Nia were here with us, I didn't like being alone with Casey only because I didn't feel too safe with him. Although I felt myself slipping back into my old habits and patterns of running to him every time something happened.

I looked to Casey and wondered what was going through his mind, I didn't know what to do. I looked him in the eye and fluttered my eyes, I just wish I knew what to do. I wasn't sure how this would go.

I felt something coming on, but what it was though I didn't know.

"I can't apologise enough Re, and I know you're probably not going to believe me or think I'm taking this seriously. But I do mean it, I don't know why I let my obsession with you get this far out of hand."

I listened to him and couldn't take my eyes off of him, I pulled a hand through my hair. I didn't know what to do to make Casey understand, I needed him to just leave me alone and never come back.

"It's hard to believe you Case, but deep down I do. I know you may not mean everything you're saying, but I do."

I looked up to Casey and knew this couldn't end too well, I stood up and pulled him up with me. I wrapped my arms around him hoping this was the last time I would ever have to see him outside of from behind the bars. And even then though I hoped I never had to see him behind bars.

I was made to look up at Casey, he'd lifted my chin so I could see him. I sighed sadly and pressed into him a little more, I didn't want to have to say goodbye. This was never the easy part.

"Rena, give me a chance to fix it. I don't want to lose you again, but I can't force you to wait until I'm better. Or until I'm out of jail, whichever comes first."

I blinked a bit wondering what would happen, I didn't know why he was having this change of heart all of the sudden. I still felt as if I was being played by him though.

"You're right, I can't wait, but we would never work out Casey."

I stood on my tippy toes and kissed Casey full on the lips, I had seen this coming though. The tension and chemistry between us was undeniable, there had always been a little bit of something between us.

"I love you Rena."

I blushed a bit as he admitted he loved me and nodded, this was our goodbye. I couldn't be with someone so toxic as Casey, I couldn't be in an abusive relationship where I was being hurt.

"This is our goodbye Casey."