Two

Casey pov

One minute I had been with Astra in the abandoned mansion, and the next I was being hauled off to jail. I knew this was coming sometime, but when though I didn't know, I didn't know how long I would be gone for. And I didn't know if Astra would come back for me.

I shook the thought from mind because I knew she would come, I knew my sister better then that. I tapped my pen against the desk in my jail cell, I was annoyed knowing the law had finally caught up to me. I didn't want to have to go to hearings and everything, they had nothing on me against my parents.

All they had on me was that I murdered someone, I was trying to figure out what to write to Rena. I couldn't ever forget about her, she was always on my mind, nothing ever failed me.

I sighed slightly bored, there was nothing to do in jail. I waited for Astra to come get me and to come visit me, I expected her to bust me out of prison. I looked out of the bars and knew if I was on good behavior that I could get out earlier depending on what my sentence was.

I didn't have anything with me and I didn't have any money, other then the stuff my sister gave me. I wasn't sure what to do, I just knew I wanted and needed to get out of here.

I was lonely here in jail, I didn't have any friends and I was always getting beaten up. I didn't pick any fights with anybody because I knew it would go against me for my record, I took what I got and dealt with it.

I memorized Rena's number and would leave her messages whenever I got my time on the phone, I didn't have much of anything going for me. I hit my head on the desk and groaned, I wasn't harming anyone else but myself.

"Moreta, c'mon. Lunch time, then you get your fifteen minutes of phone call time."

I looked up to the constable and nodded, I would call Astra and have her come visit me. I didn't think there was any trouble with her getting here, all the years of neglect from our parents made me snap, and it passed on to my baby sister Astra.

I got up as I got a little bit of free time, we had an hour of time, whether that be inside in the commons. Or outside in the courtyard, I just hoped Astra never had to come to jail, and if she did I hoped it wouldn't be too long.

I didn't like this anymore then anybody else did, I wasn't much older then Astra. But it still was a bit of an age difference between us, I got up and made my way out of my cell and into the cafeteria. I wasn't looking forward to this.

"What're you in here for."

I looked to one of the inmates and shrugged, I didn't want to talk. I had nearly gone mute in the time that I had been here. Six months felt like an eternity, I wasn't ready for this. I knew jail food wasn't good, and I knew Astra would hate to see me upset and beat up.

I went through the motions day in and day out, there was no sort of privacy and I hated my space being invaded. I finished my food and made my way to the commons where I could make my collect call.

I dialed in Astra's number and waited for her to answer, I wasn't sure what to make of everything. I was wanting to see Astra now more than anything, she meant the world to me and I knew I was a bad big brother, and I was a bad example to my sister.

I smiled as she answered after a couple of rings, I was content at least talking to my sister. She was my bright spot in the darkness, I didn't know what to say.

"You know what I would do, just to hear from you and see you. I miss you Astra, I wish you were here."

I waited for her to answer me and wondered what would happen, I didn't know what to do.

"I'll be there soon Case, I love you and I miss you too. Don't worry, I can't wait to see you."

I wasn't sure if she'd come, but I knew she tried to come whenever she could or whenever she got the time to. I wasn't sure if she was coming or not, but I hoped she'd come today.

"Can you come tonight, before visitation time is over."

I tried not to get too emotional and knew this experience was changing me, I knew I would only get tougher from this. I just hoped if Astra ever did end up in jail that she had the will to live.

"I'm already on the way there Casey, no need to worry. Have you been visited by Luke though, I mean his ghost, because he visited me."

I paled a bit as she asked me this, I didn't know what to expect. I had thought I was being haunted, but I didn't know, I couldn't help but shake as she said this.

"I thought I had just been haunted in my dreams, I've got to go Astra. I'll see you soon."

I didn't know what to make of this, I was afraid in a way because Astra had told me what happened to her. I was happy to know though that I wasn't the only one who had been visited by Luke.

I hung up the phone and went to the courtyard to exercise a bit, I looked forward to seeing my best friend soon. Astra was the only person I had left, she was the only thing keeping me sane.

I decided to spend the rest of my time in my little cell, I couldn't wait to get out of here. I needed to get out, I was seeing and hearing things, although it made me feel better knowing Astra was seeing and hearing things as well as I was. So I felt a little less crazy.

I didn't mind the free time, but there really wasn't anything I could do. I just hoped Astra came through and got me out of here, I didn't trust anybody but her. If I could go back in time and change things I would, I didn't want to have to worry about anything, no care in the world.

I rested in bed until I heard the jingling of keys and the click of my cell being opened, I groaned as I sat up on the top bunk. I climbed down and rubbed at my eyes, I hadn't expected to fall asleep.

I smiled as I saw Astra walking into the room to see me, I missed her. Even though she came every so often it felt like I had barely seen her.

"Big bro, it's so good to see you."

I smirked as I saw her and pulled her in for a hug, I had a feeling she would pull through now.

"It's good to see you too baby girl, I'm happy you made it."

I took in her appearance and liked how she was becoming such a woman, I didn't know what to say to her. I felt as if this time away from her knowing she was so close to me, it was as if we became distant from eachother.

"I brought you some stuff Case, just make sure you don't get caught with it. Because if you did then we'd both be going down."

After we planned an escape plan Astra left, I went back to my room after dinner and laid in bed. When I knew everyone was switching out and changing their shifts I was able to escape.

I dug a hole in the grate and made my way through the tunnels, I had memorised the layout of the jail. It took me a little while, but the adrenaline was pushing me through, I found myself outside on the ground level. I made my way over the fence and to my sister.