Nine

Rena pov

I jumped as the police came inside and opened the door, I didn't think this was the end of Astra or Casey. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I didn't trust anybody anymore.

"You'll regret this Rena, you'll never find Calum and Nia."

I felt as if everything was spinning out of control, I bit my lip thinking things through. I didn't know what to do, I watched as the officers took Astra with them and hoped Casey and her got what they deserved.

I didn't want to have to bother with her, and I didn't believe her either. But I wouldn't put it past her to try and take my loved ones and hurt them. I didn't know what to make of this, I was relieved knowing the officers got here quickly.

I knew I would need to talk to the officers, but I didn't mind. I would do whatever I could to protect my friends and family, I thought things through and waited for the interrogation to commence.

I paced the room trying to get her comment about not finding Nia and Calum out of my head, I hadn't been gone too long. So I didn't know how she could have hidden them so quickly, unless she had more people helping her. I searched the house and wondered if Astra had taken the person hostage that we'd be buying the house from.

I yelled in frustration and smashed my phone, I stomped on it time after time. I screamed until my voice went raw and I felt someone wrap their arms around me, I thrashed around not caring what happened.

"Rena damn it, stop it. You're letting her get into your head, stop thrashing."

I couldn't stop, I knew that British accent, I was confused though. I heard some grunting and I was still screaming, I was beyond frustrated and knew I would end up getting us both on the ground.

I groaned and slapped at the figure I was straddling, I didn't care what happened. I didn't know if I was going crazy, but it sure felt like it, and I knew I didn't want to go crazy and off the deep end.

"Rena, fuck this shit. Relax, stop hitting me damn it."

I felt two big hands cuff mine and pulled me to him, I tried fighting him off of me. But I didn't have it in me, I didn't know how long I had been screaming for, but I knew whoever was here wouldn't like me much anymore.

"I'm so fucking confused, what the hell is going on."

I stopped fighting and laid down on my captor, I couldn't stop the tears. I didn't know what to expect, but I knew this wasn't who I was expecting to see. I looked at him through the tears and kissed him, I was thankful I had someone sane to help me.

Nobody and nothing was ever normal, maybe we're all a little mad here. I buried my head into Liam and kissed him, I didn't know what to do anymore, I didn't feel safe, even with my boyfriend I knew for a couple of years.

I didn't know who I could or couldn't trust, I was beyond frustrated. I didn't understand what I had done to be treated like this, but I knew I wouldn't always be liked or loved by everyone. More power to them.

"I-I'm sorry Liam, what are you doing here. I don't get it, how'd you find me."

I felt dizzy and my head was spinning, I didn't hear anything else Liam or anybody else had said. I passed out on Liam, I didn't care what happened, I felt safer with Liam, but I was still afraid and had to stand my own ground.

Whether he'd injected me with sleep syrum or something to make me sleep I didn't know, I just hoped it would be alright. I wanted to just be in a deep sleep and never wake up again, I didn't know where I was or what even happened.

I groaned a bit as I came to, I didn't like this much at all. I heard voices and wondered what was going on. I pulled a hand through my hair and blinked rapidly as I came to.

Blood rushed to my head, I didn't know what to do. I thought things through and wiped at my eyes, I was a bit dazed, I looked around the room and wondered what would happen.

I pulled a hand to my head and tried not to pass out again, everything was beginning to be too much.

"Rena bean, it's alright. You're under allot of stress and pressure baby girl, just relax a bit. Let Calum and the others take care of you."

I looked to Luke and wondered what was even going on around me, I was so confused and needed to be there with and for everyone. I knew I couldn't take every single problem on as my own, but I could still try, I couldn't please everybody.

"Luke what's even going on, I mean honestly. Why'd I pass out, where's everybody. What's Liam doing here."

I had so many questions running through my mind, I couldn't make sense of everything and hoped it would click into place soon.

"I don't have all the answers you're looking for Rena, but I'll tell you your sister and Calum are alright. Astra was just trying to get under your skin."

I got up off of the bed, I was thankful this place was fully furnished. But I couldn't fix it, I couldn't fix anybody or anything. I made my way to the living room and wondered if we'd really be able to buy this house or any house for that matter. I didn't know what to expect.

"Gu-guys."

I looked around the room and wondered what would happen, I smiled sheepishly. I went to Nia and the others and hugged them all, I whimpered a little but stayed close to Liam, I didn't know if he'd followed us here or not. But I wasn't complaining.

"Hey you, it's about time sleeping beauty arose from the dead."

I blushed a bit and wiped at the stinging tears that was falling, I knew Liam didn't mean to hurt me. But this was hard for me, I didn't want to have to worry about them. I didn't think he realised what he'd said had hurt me.

"How're you even here Liam."

I couldn't help asking him this and I hoped he'd tell me, I didn't want to talk or anything. I just wanted to sleep and cry, but I knew I needed to get around in life and do everything I normally did.

"I wanted to surprise you guys, I came here after you guys left. I wanted to make sure you were safe baby girl."

I nodded as he said this and wrapped my arms around him once more, I was content having my boyfriend here with me. But I still didn't fully trust him or anybody else, I shook the thought from mind wondering how long this would go on for.

"Can we talk for a bit Li, I need answers and I don't think we're going anywhere but in circles."