It's reads with an arrow under it, pointing left.

Not knowing how far I'd be traveling, I get into my truck and go left.

Another sign, of the same size, spots my attention.

Keep going.

It's says, with an arrow pointing straight. So I go straight. And soon enough there's another sign pointing right, leading down a dirt road. An all to familiar dirt road.

I stop before turning, not knowing if I should or not. Taking in a deep breathe, I turn right.

After about 5 minutes I arrive at a house. And not just any house.

Dad's house.

Shakily, I open the car door and exit the vehicle. I slowly shut the door behind me and walk towards the front porch. As I get to the top of the front steps a bright yellow post-it note catches my eye so I hurry to read it.

Hmm, it's seen like you would need a key now wouldn't it?

I groan and pull the key out of my back pocket. I take in a deep breathe and open the door.

I small squeal forms on my lips when I see the flower petal trail starting from the door, leading who knows where.

A gasp escapes my mouth and I throw my hands over my mouth. Liam stands before me wearing black pants, a white undershirt, and a black blazer.

"Li," I say and run into his arms. He lifts me up with his right arm around my torso and his left still holding the flowers. "You're the best." I say as he sets my down and presses his lips to mine.

"But what's the occasion?" I ask breaking the kiss.

He leans in again for another kiss but I set my hands on his chest.

"Did you hear me?"

"Hmm? Oh, sorry I was to distracted by you're gorgeousness." He says pressing his forehead to mine .

"I asked what the occasion was." I say with a grin plastered on my face.

"You don't know?" He asks pulling away from me.

What? I'm supposed to know what's going on?

"Uhh. Yeah! Uh, congratulations!" I chuckle nervously and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Congratulations? For what?"

Dangit.

"Ok I have no clue, just tell me," I huff out.

He stand back and holds his arms out for dramatic effect. "Happy 13 month anniversary!"

"Oh!" I squeal. He sets the flowers down and runs up to me and grabs my hips. I squeal when he lifts me off of the ground and spins me in circles.

13 months? I believe it but there's something else. Going to all this extravagance for this? No, there's more. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid, or maybe I'm not.

"So. . . You forgot?" He asks setting me down.

"I'm sorry, my schedule hasn't been exactly easy these past months. It completely slipped my mind." Honestly, it's not that important, so why is he making a big deal of it?

"Well, I have a picnic waiting for us outside." He says bending over and extending his arm out for me to grab. "Would you care to join me?" He looks up and winks. Well, attempts at winking.

"I'd be honored." I smile and take his hand but he just reaches for my waist, pulling me as close as I can get to him.

"Liam!" I laugh as he starts to run outside. "Slow down! I'm going to trip!" I laugh louder, as he does.

"Tada!" He says once we make it to a red, plaid, picnic blanket with a basket setting on top.

We set down on the blanket and Liam pulls the picnic basket towards him. He reaches in and sets two plates down in front of us and pulls out a box of pizza and two sodas.

"Classy Liam," I tease.

"Hey, don't be like that after every other romantic thing I've done."

"I know, I'm joking babe."

~

"Ah," I say throwing my last pizza crust back into the box, only to watch Liam grab it and pick it apart and throw it far into the woods near us. "You're so weird." I mumble as I move my head while I'm laying it in Liam's lap.

"You're weird." He says playing with my hair. "But cute." He says moving my head off of his lap and onto the ground. He rolls his entire body onto me, causing my breathing to hitch.

"Oof! Liam, move!" I groan as he lays his head on my chest.

"But I love you," He says wrapping his arms under my back.

"I love you too. But it won't be very easy to exchange love if in squashed . . . so move."

He huffs but only takes his arms out from under me, using them to prop himself right above me. He bends down and kisses my nose, then goes back up, only to repeat the routine. I giggle when I realize his doing push-ups above me.

"One. . . Two. . . Three. . ." He mumbles as he continues the push-ups.

"I love being your personal exercise equipment as much as the next girl-" I say and start to sit up only to be pushed back down with Liam's left arm, while he still does push-ups with the right.

"No," he says pecking my nose. "You're good motivation." And he kisses me again.

"All I want is dessert," I mumble.

"On it," He says taking one of his arms and grabs a box of chocolate covered strawberries. Laughing, he sticks the end with the stem in his mouth and starts doing the push-ups again.

"Grab it" He mumbles with his teeth clenched on the strawberry, still.

"With my mouth?" I question and he nods. "Ew! No!"

He spits the strawberry out of his mouth and onto the grass. "Fine, just trying to be romantic." He groans and scurries off of me, crawling to the other side of the picnic blanket. I chuckle when he starts to fake pout and cross his arms over his chest.

"Aw, hun. C'mere," I say patting the spot next to me.

"No."

"Please? I'm cold."

A smile plays on his lips and I know I've won him over. Finally, he gives in and crawls back over to me and sits right next to me. I snuggle into him when he puts both arms around me.

"Love you," Liam smiles down at me.

"I love you," I smile back as Liam examines the house.

"It's a nice house," he says.

"Yeah, it is," I mumble with my eyes closed, burying my face farther into his chest.

"Nice enough to get live in, start a family." He says and I sit up rapidly as I choke on the air and my own spit. "Whoa, baby, I'm sor- I'm sorry. Okay? I meant for in the future. Alright? You good?"

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I ask as he rubs my legs, attempting to calm me down.

"Yeah. No one would know about it for at least a little while. It's so . . . Secluded."

"But . . . Everything that's happened here. . ." I state.

"That's in the past hun, no more of that. I'm sorry I brought it up, I didnt even mean to talk about this now."

"You're right. And thank goodness! I thought that was the real reason for all of this!" I sigh in relief. "Our anniversary is the only reason for all of this, right?"

"Yeah, about that," He says stiffening up some and sliding away from me so he can look at me. He looks me dead in the eye, showing he means business. But the look also holds a look of sorrow and compassion, as if he is apologizing for what he hasn't even spoken yet. "We need to talk."