🏵Chapter 40🏵

Clad's POV

I felt devastated when I saw Snow and Yuan embracing. I should be the one on his place. I should be the one consoling her. I should be the one loving her and I should be the one she's in love with. My world fell down when I saw Snow and Yuan in the forest kissing. Walang pagsidlan ang sakit kaya nga hindi ko na natapos ang camping na yun at umalis na ako at hindi na bumalik pa sa Academy. Seeing Snow hurts me more and seeing that human Prince reminds me why I was hurting.

All I want is her. Kaya kong isakripisyo ang lahat. I can give up on destroying the world, I can give human peace. I can remove the dark continent in universe just to have her. I can even surrender my godliness just to be with her. Destroying the world makes me remember how lonely I am. She is the only thing that I want nothing else, why is destiny is too cruel with my life?

"It's been a long time. I missed you Snow." Saad ko at ang buong tingin ko ay kay Snow lang nakapukol. She's very beautiful kahit ano pa ang itsura nito. Even kneeling down, it doesn't make her look low.

"What do you want?" Tanong nito sa akin. Her voice is like a music to my ears. Even her voice is almost breaking into cry, I wanted to console her but I can't.

"Snow, I only wan't one thing in this world." Panimulang saad ko. "The love of my life, who was taken away from me." Saad ko. I know they are listening, maybe it is already time for them to know the real history, how the dark god fell into the darkest pit of hell. "Thousand of years ago, I loved a woman, who was also a God. She was the most beautiful creation. She was my everything but they took her away from me. She was killed by my brother and I was devastated. They took the only woman I loved because of some forbidden love. I fell into misery and I embraced the darkness. I decided to have my vengeance by destroying the things that the Gods loved the most, and it was their creation, The Universe. But they loved this world so much and they are protecting it to the point of sharing their powers to all of you. Thousand of years passed and I thought I will be in forever misery, but the fragment of the girl that I loved was being sent to this world and was born as a human. A God, a powerful one was sent and turned into human because of the selfishness of the Gods. They made her their pawn to destroy the darkness. I came back in this world, to take away what was originally mine. The reincarnation of my beloved Calypso is in front of me."

•••

Snow's POV

Parang may bikig sa aking lalamunan ng marinig ko ang mga sinabi ni Clad. Naglalaro aking isipan ang mga sinabi nito. A God born as a human. Ako lang yun di ba? Wala ng ibang God na ipinanganak na maging tao. Pero mas lalong hindi ako makapaniwala sa mga narinig ko. I was a reincarnation? I had a past life and I was freaking God. Pero wala akong maalala so it is useless. Pero ito na ba yun ang sinasabi ni Hera na may isang tao pa na nahuhumaling sa akin? Si Clad? Paanong hindi ko napansin yun? I thought, he was just being friendly. I never thought na mahal pala niya ako. Chos ang kapal ko pero yun naman ang totoo.

Then, ako ba ang dahilan kung bakit nangyayari ito lahat? Ako amg puno't dulo? No, it was the Gods and I was even sent to kill Clad. Nakakatawa, the Gods must be crazy, ako ang ginamit nila knowing I am Clad's weakness. Bravissimo. Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ako o magagalit. It felt like I was being used but by the Gods. Kung may paraan lang para makausap sila, ginawa ko na sisiguraduhin ko na makakatanggap sila ng mura sa akin. Kasalanan nila ang lahat ng ito, kung hindi nila pinakialamanan si Clad, sana walang demonyo ngayon sa lupa. Punyeta sila.

But I can't regret all of this ng dahil doon, nakilala ko si Yuan at mga kaibigan ko. Maybe our story was just a part of some twisted fairy tale. Not everyone has a happy ever after. Some are meant to be hurt and fall into misery.