Chapter 12 : Just Married

========================================================

Now what? Apo asked himself when he opened up his eyes. He finds himself lying on a soft cradle of grass. Wherever he was exactly, how long has he been lying on the grass, if he is still Cupid or he is now Apo, are things he wasn't sure of. He didn't know exactly what happened.

He tried pinching himself just to be hurt instead. He unconsciously checks his very self for confirmation. He still had fresh memories of Waii and Fay, of the ceremony he witnessed, of the pain it brought him. Just as Ice said before, the pain, memories, they would fade away in time. But the lessons learned, hopefully, he would remember for the rest of his life.

Apo stood up from his spot. He started to shake off the twigs on his clothes and pants, and he was shocked. He is wearing the same clothes before he left the real world. It only means that he is back being Apo again; but why isn't he in the hospital? He's supposed to wake up there if he is back to being Apo... Apo shrugged the idea, but still wonders.

"Yes! Yoohoo!" Apo can't hide his happiness, at last, he was definitely back. Though his happiness didn't last that long after he remembers what he has been through. Apo still felt that strong yearning to see Waii and be with him.

Then, Apo saw Waii walking towards his direction. It's almost like a dream. He was staring at the man who already claimed his heart even without asking, walking in the middle of the fields while picking some wild flowers. Waii is getting closer to Apo, still a few meters away but Apo's heart can't stop it's sudden rambling. Apo was in deep thoughts, deciding if it's much better to ran away now or welcome him as civil as he can.

He's already married, part of Apo strongly reminded him. But, there he is, walking towards me, why not take the opportunity?

"Oh, please. Enough!" Apo sighed heavily. He resigned himself from thinking at the moment. He might die from the heartache these event may end up to. Apo can't refuse Waii, not when he is all he ever wanted. Just like that, Waii was standing before him. Waii reached for Apo and before the latter could react, he found himself enfolded in Waii's embrace.

"Oh babe, I miss you. Very very much," Waii said.

Apo realized what a mistake he might be doing so he pushed Waii away.

"You're married," Apo replied after. He can't hold back his tears. His real tears. Those tears that were suppressed while he is on the other realm. Damn, it feels so good.

Waii hugged him, much tighter than the usual hugs, while wiping off the tears on Apo's eyes and cheeks.

"You're married" Apo repeated,

"No, I'm not." Waii answered.

Hope once more started to flare inside of Apo.

"At least, not yet" Waii added. Killing the hope that just started sprouting inside Apo's heart.

"Then why don't you get the hell out of here marry the one who's meant for you, for goodness' sake?!" Apo answered frustrated. Did he miss something out?

"I'm trying to do just that, babe." Waii replied, looking at him.

"What do you mean? And why do you keep on calling me babe, we're supposed to be strangers right now, or civil for all I could care," Apo replied, confused on what the actual hell is happening.

"I call you babe because that's our endearment. Wait. Are you okay? Are you sick?" Waii puts his hand on Apo's forehead, checking if Apo has fever. Waii have that concerned look on his face.