Chapter 9 : It Freaking Hurts

=======================================================

"The more you prolong the agony, the more it would hurt." Words of Ice convinced Apo to finish his task as fast as possible.

He was in Waii's house. He saw the guy sitting on a bench on his greenhouse, while sipping on his coffee. He seems to be enjoying the ambiance of the place which serves different plants and flowers as his view.

"How did it go?" Apo asks. "Your date with Fay, I mean." Apo sat down close to Waii. He was a few inches away from him so he can see Waii's facial expression. He seems to be happy, he was calm and composed as they speak.

"It wasn't a date," Waii replied

"It's something like it. I don't want any technicalities on the terms. Just answer my question. How was your date with Fay?" Apo asks again,

"It was okay," Waii answered uninterested,

"Just okay?" Apo needs to check his ears after Waii said those words. He looked at him while asking it again.

"Okay, it was more than that. I enjoyed it." Waii answered now smiling.

"Yes!" Apo shouted in joy. He didn't where did he get the strength to act so happy about it. In all honesty, it feels like someone just throw some spears and it landed straight on his chest.

"No need to get excited. I'm still not convince that love is..."

"Coward!" Apo shouted. He didn't let Waii finish his sentence.

"Excuse me? Did you just call me a coward?" Waii faced Cupid as he speaks,

Apo, who is being sarcastic, looked from his left and right, teasing Waii that he is looking for someone.

"Does it look like we have some company?" Apo replied. "Who else is pathetic, sniveling coward but you?" he added.

"I am not." Waii stood up. Showing his quick tempered side.

Apo stood up too. He came closer to Waii and started poking the man's chest.

"Yes, you are. Mr. Waii Pirapat, you are a coward to the highest degree. Bok-bok-bok-bok-bok" Apo teased Waii by acting like a chicken. He is flapping his arms like chicken's wings.

"Stop that!" Waii shouted, being touchy at the moment.

"Oh, but that's what you are, a chicken. Bok-bok-bok" Apo continued his acts.

"Is it bad if I just took caution?" Waii asked,

"Nope. What's bad is that you are too cautious. You got hurt, fine. But who hasn't been? Can you name someone who loves but didn't get hurt? Did you see them stop from loving someone again after being hurt? Of course not!" Apo explained while looking into Waii. "Earth should not have this population problem if it's true. Only cowards shy away from loving again because they are too scared to even try. You belong to these group, Waii. But by being too scared to try again, you are condemning yourself to a life of loneliness!" Apo added.

"Stop that!" Waii shouted. Anger is in his voice.

"Why? Does the truth hurt? It often does. It-"

"Why won't you just shut up?" Waii cut's off Apo's sentence

"Because you need to hear what I'm saying. You are so full of-"

Waii didn't let the Cupid finish what he's preaching. He pulled Cupid closer to him and invades his mouth. Waii didn't know what makes him do it but this is the only solution he could think to stop the Cupid from blabbering nonsense. Waii expects a punch from him, but he was surprised that the Cupid was returning the favor. Yes, Cupid was kissing him with so much tenderness that even he, himself couldn't believe it.