Chapter 8 : Uninvited Feelings

=======================================================

"She's nice," Apo mentioned to Waii.

"Who?" Waii who is typing on his laptop turns his head to face the Cupid.

"Her name's Fay" Apo answered,

"Ah, yes" Waii quickly answered back.

"Any plans for her? You know, court her maybe? Something like that?" Apo asked, initiating his plans.

"What are you talking about? She is a friend of mine," Waii answered with a smile,

"Hey, it's possible for friends to be lovers. Haven't you watch some series or read some books about it?" Apo teasing,

Waii just laugh it off, but Apo heard a different sound. He heard a beautiful tune, a pleasant music. What's with his laugh that can make me imagine something like that? Apo asked himself.

"You have an imagination that is way too active," Waii finally answered.

"It could work, you know." Apo insisting his beliefs.

"But I only see her as a friend," Waii answered hopelessly.

"Why?"

At Apo's question, Waii just answered it by shrugging his shoulders. He really don't know why.

"You should open your eyes a little bit more." Apo turned around to face Waii while making his eyes bigger than usual.

"Know what? Even if I open my eyes as big like those of an octopus, nothing will change. I will see her as a friend." Waii explained,

Stubborn man! Apo told himself. He had this urge to make Waii see Fay as the woman of his dreams but there's also this part of him that is happy knowing he sees her as a friend. Watch it dude. Keep that attitude and you will be stuck in this mythological land forever, he reminded himself.

Waii may be a stubborn man but it doesn't mean that all hope is lost when it comes to falling in love with Fay. It was just a minor setback. It only meant he had to work a bit harder.

"Text her," Apo suggested to Waii, who is now facing the laptop's monitor.

"Who?" Waii answered, not bothering to look at him.

"Baifern Pimchanok," Apo answered on a sarcastic tone. "Really? You're asking me who when you knew who we are talking about?!" Apo added.

"You knew her? Well, why are you so persistent about me texting her? I told you that she's just a friend," Waii answered.

"Oh? Why so defensive? Can't you sent your 'friend' a text?"

Waii just looked at Cupid while laughing. On the other hand, Apo can't hold his smile, and laughed along with Waii. Apo enjoyed Waii's laugh, then suddenly Waii stopped and stared at him.

"Why?" Apo asks, looking at Waii while holding his aching tummy.

"N-nothing... nothing." Waii quickly answered then turned back his head to the laptop.

Apo at that moment felt this pang of guilt. He was certain, that in that brief moment they shared, there is something he can't name that happens. What was he thinking? Fay is the one destined for Waii. Ice didn't say in so many words but he could take a wild guess and he would probably be right. He should go to Fay and help her and forget that he even entertain the thought of it. Apo forced himself to leave Waii even if he doesn't want to.

=======================================================

"How well do you dance?" A voice suddenly pops out from nowhere and make Fay stand from her seat.