Chapter 6 : On Bended Knees

========================================================

Waii closed his eyes. He wasn't expecting the sudden surge of pain he felt on his chest. He didn't know that his past still have that same effect on him. He thought he had moved on because he successfully came back to his life, but he was wrong.

"I... I don't want to... r... remember it," Waii said in a voice so low. Trying to stop his tears from falling.

"But you need to, Waii. Don't worry, I'll be here no matter what happens," Apo gave his reassuring smile, along with his hands for Waii to hold, but for that slight touch of each others skin, Apo felt dizzy.

It was dark, but a sudden burst of light happened and Waii, finds himself looking at a restaurant. The restaurant seems familiar and Waii saw himself inside. He looked so young. There was that air of innocence about himself that he find so appealing. He suddenly wants to go back in time, back to where there's only a few scar on his whole being, back to when his heart was not badly bruised by fate.

Both of them saw a man walking inside the restaurant. Waii quickly recognized him. It was Gant - his first love. Many admired Waii before but Gant is the persistent one. Waii remembered this restaurant, because it was where Gant told him the bad news.

"Okay, we're done. Let's get away from here. I don't want to watch this scene again!" Waii shouted to Cupid,

"Sorry, but we can't. You have to watch all of these again," Apo replied. After he took a deep breath, he added, "I'm sorry, hottie, but you really have to."

Waii appreciate the sympathy over Cupid's voice.

"For what reason?" Waii asked.

"I don't know, but I know that you need this. As I said, I'll be here. I won't leave you," Apo replied and hold Waii's hand.

Waii calmed down at Cupid's response and gesture.

Then the cleansing starts. The scene before him unfolded exactly like how Waii remembered it. The pain he felt when it first happened was refreshed in his memory and in his heart. Through the years, Waii had somehow forgotten how deeply it hurt. Now, he remember it in vivid detail. Waii closed his eyes. He breathes heavily. He might not be that young man sitting across Gant anymore but his heart remembered what it felt to be young and to have his dreams shut down and shattered just like that.

Waii felt the hand holding him tightened. Suddenly, the scene before him faded until there was nothing there.

"Let me guess. It doesn't end here, right?" Waii asked Cupid when their eyes met.

"I'm afraid so," Apo replied anxiously.

"Then, pour it out then," Waii answered in haste. He wanted this torture to finish as soon as possible.

After Waii said those words, he had to endure not just one scene from his past. There we're scenes that was so painful, much painful than the previous one. There's the scene where he was told that he can't walk again, the scene where he saw Wan's reaction on the bad news. Scenes of their misunderstandings came next. Ultimately, the scene where we finally broke up. The pain was more intense this time around than the first. Waii thinks it's only natural because he invests too much illusion in these relationship. That time, Waii was almost certain that Wan was the one. She turned out to be so wrong for him because if she was the right one, she wouldn't have turned her back on him just like that... just when Waii needed her the most. The pain was killing him. He don't want to watch anymore. He don't want to relive this feeling. Waii closed his eyes. He felt a hand trailing his cheeks. He opened his eyes and met Cupid's eyes. Waii can see the sympathy by the way he looks.