Chapter 23. Corrupted

Trixx's POV

I blinked just in time to see Plagg almost get stabbed. Then his name slipped out. Then Wayzz turned around, his eyes wild with indescribable emotions, all blazing. 

"We didn't kill him," I said as I tried to fight away the shackles. 

"Oh yes you did," he laughed. I couldn't do anything. "You said it yourself. Pushed him off the cliff into the pool of his own nightmares." 

Marinette whimpered behind me. I had to get everyone out of here. 

Plagg stiffened and stood up, clutching his bleeding arm. "Wayzz," he cried. "Get that thing out of your body." 

"You know what it feels to be cursed," Wayzz screamed in a raspy voice. A disfigured monster's hand shot out from behind Wayzz's body and clawed the ground. Green murky liquid burst from the floor. "Underappreciated. Deserted. Abandoned. But I had more than you. Looked-up-to. Anticipated." 

There was an ear-splitting howl, I flinched. I produced a smoking violet knife and stabbed through the shackles. Another round of whimpers aroused. But it wasn't from Marinette, it was from Wayzz. 

"You're killing me, sweetie," he whispered. The bright green eyes stared at me in a psychopathic way. "Like you did to yourself." 

I ripped off Marinette's chains. "I want my Wayzz back." Nino. Alya. Adrien. Lastly Tikki. 

"Too late." A spike of black fumes shot out. I immediately dodged away from its pointed attacks. It was an obvious card, I could easily jump out of something so expected like that.  

"N-No." 

That's when I realized my mistake. 

"Marinette!" I flung around, eyes widened. Marinette gasped as a stream of blood gushed out from the center of her heart where she got stabbed. Wayzz laughed. Her trembling hands touched her bleeding flesh for a moment. Then she collapsed, her bod perishing into a million dust flakes. 

"What did you do to her?" Adrien yelled in anger, tears welling in his eyes. 

"Relax," whispered Wayzz. "I'm sending her back to reality." Another crackling laughter. 

Adrien wiped his eyes before lunging forward, his fists clenched. I knew what was going to happen. I lurched forward, grabbed his arm and pushed him away narrowly to miss the blow of angry flames. 

"Tsk, tsk. Always getting into people's ways, I see," Wayzz muttered. 

Tikki helped me up. 

"If you're going to send them back, send them the right way," I snarled. I grabbed Adrien and pushed him into the gaping portal. He screamed.