Chapter 7. Insecurities

Plagg's POV

Rumors spread as fast as wild fires. I knew everyone tried their best but there were so many hate comments on Ladyblog's newest article, featuring Volpina and Jade Turtle. First it kicked off his Volpina being a fraud and not being able to do anything. 

Knowing the Kwami behind everything, it made everything harder. 

As the students rushed into school, I managed to pull Wayzz out of the throng of teenagers. 

"How's Trixx?" I asked. 

Wayzz shrugged, "Getting used to it, I guess." 

I glanced at Trixx, who was happily chirping at Marinette. I whispered, "Well, she seems to be coping well." 

Wayzz smiled bittersweetly. "Ahh, that's what it looks like, doesn't it?" 

I looked at his dragged features. He seemed all together really tired and groggy but all the while never lost the familiar charm in his twinkling eyes. I placed a hand on his shoulders, saying in a low voice, "What do you mean?" 

Wayzz brushed my hand away. "You don't know Trixx like I do." His eyes stayed the same glittering enthusiasm. 

Wayzz was impossible to read. 

He had layers and layers of closely guarded emotions shielding around him. He stayed neutral, he never let his emotion get the better of him. He was better at that than Trixx; who was supposed to be an expert at scheming her expressions. 

Key words: supposed to be

"Just . . . if anything happens, take care—both of you—okay?" I said, hopefully. 

Wayzz pulled away, walking straight into the grouped teenager once more. He smiled back at me, "You know I never mess up." 

As he walked away, I felt another presence creeping behind me. 

"What did he say?" Trixx said, placing a hand on my shoulder and pressing it with some force. It was her way of threatening people with violence. 

"Hands off, Trixx," Tikki piped up next to me with an innocent smile. 

Trixx lifted her hand and it felt like the sky was lifted. "Oh, yeah," she smirked at me. "Keep forgetting that I'll live the rest of eternity under Tikki's anger if I do that." Then with a flicker of expression, she switched back to seriousness. "What did Wayzz say?" 

"He didn't say much," I shrugged. 

"Did he talk about me?" 

Okay, I'm a loyal friend. I don't sell out my friends, okay?