Chapter 20. Trixx

Alya's POV

Why is everyone staring at me like I just said I was going to kill myself? 

"Are you mental?" Plagg cried. "Do you even know what we're talking about?" 

Uh, actually no. But what I said instead was, "Yeah, duh, you guys obviously need some critical help trying get Trixx and Wayzz back sanely and who else better than me?" I smiled, reassuringly.

"But do you even know where Kwamis go when they retire?" Tikki asked, blinking furiously. 

"The retirement home?" I shrugged. 

"We don't have a 'retirement home'," Plagg made weird quotation marks with his hands. "We go back to where we started. We shed our physical form and slip into a trance in our essence." 

"You're turning into Wayzz!" Nino screamed in agony. "Can we please speak human?" 

"In short, we literally vanish from the world," Plagg shrugged. His eyes gleamed. "But I remember one time, one of our friends did that and it was quite easy gettingㅡ" 

"Good grief, cut it out, Plagg. You slept through the whole thing and I was the one who did all the talking to Nooroo," Tikki rolled her eyes. Then she hastily explained, "Our friend Nooroo once got caught in a depression phase and we had to go into Nooroo's essence and drag him out. It took a lot of persuasion." 

"Well then do it again!" I demanded. "How hard can convincing Trixx be?" 

Plagg looked at me. 

"A lot." 

#

Mater Fu is such a dope person. I even got his autograph when he offered me tea. He taught us all about the history of LEGO as well iPhones. It's as if he's been there the whole time. It's like magic! 

"Nino," Alya hissed. "You're doing it again. Narrating your thoughts." 

"Sorry," I said, smiling happily. 

"Get that!" Plagg screamed as he raced down the street, floating things around, looking like a happy kid. A vibrant sprinkle of shining black particles rippled after him. 

"It's great to have magic back," Tikki sighed contently as she inspected her body like something was different. "I feel safe again." She rubbed her hands on her cheeks like a cold bunny in winter. 

"Now what do we do?" I asked. 

#

Plagg's POV

"Can we just go over the whole process again?" Nino complained as he shivered against the brisk night wind. "And why do we have to do it at night time? Like you Kwamis nocturnal or something?"