Ta folie, mes déboires et ses diables exquis nous ont trahi.

After we were finished eating, I was cleaning up our dinner plates. Harry went into his room to shower and change into different clothes.

The radio was playing loudly from the windowsill, and I was singing along as I scrubbed. Harry reappeared in sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I don't know what it was, but there was something so unintentionally attractive about the outfit: my heart leapt at the sight of him.

"Having fun?" he laughed when he noticed my dancing. "You've got some great moves."

"You're just jealous," I finished putting the dishes in the cabinet, and turned around to face him. 'One And Only' by Adele began to play, and the mood seemed to completely change. His eyes found mine, a small smile growing on his lips. I furrowed my brow. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said, shaking his head.

Those vibrantly green eyes pierced mine with undeniable intensity, and I looked away uncomfortably. The song played on, and I focused on picking at a loose thread on my shirt. I felt him step closer, so I could feel the heat from his body. "Addison."

"Yeah?" I looked up at him, realizing how close he was.

"Dance with me."

I could feel myself losing all focus on the outside world; it was just us, and nothing else. He stepped even closer, his breath fanning over my face. His arms wound around my waist, and my hands rested on his sides.

I became lost in his sea coloured eyes. "I don't know how to dance," I whispered.

He chuckled lightly, causing my cheeks to flush crimson. "That's okay. I just needed another excuse to get close to you," he winked.

I groaned, laughing. "You're something else, Harry."

The song had stopped, but we still continued to sway back and forth. The movement was surprisingly soothing, and even as my heart beat quickly just by being this close to him, I felt at ease. I closed my eyes, and rested my head on his chest.

"You better not be falling asleep on me," he joked.

I shook my head, sighing. He was rubbing small circles into my back, relaxing me even further. "Hey," his lips were suddenly so close to my ear. The jolt that passed through us in that moment was enough to make my heart stop.

I lifted my head to find him studying my face carefully. I couldn't breathe as his scent overwhelmed my senses. Slowly, he leaned in so our foreheads were touching only slightly. "I want to try something," he murmured, reaching up to trace his fingers over my jaw and behind my ear. "Don't hit me or anything."

"I'll try and refrain from it," I tried to laugh the moment off, but my voice had climbed about an octave and I was getting a bit light headed. He smiled as he leaned in even more. My brain nearly short circuited. He was going to kiss me! What is going on?

Just as his lips brushed across mine with a feather light touch, we were forced apart by the sound of a very inebriated Louis stumbling through the front door. I was touching my lips in amazement, and Harry was running his hands over his face to compose himself when Louis' smiling face emerged in the doorway.

"Why hello there, my beautiful friends! Harry, mate, how are you? You look shit," Louis slurred, patting Harry's shoulder.

Louis staggered over to me, kissing my cheek sloppily. "Addison, you look great, unlike Hazza over here." He leaned over to kiss me again, causing a string of dribble to slide down my skin.

"Louis!" I screeched, wiping the slobber off my cheek.

He wagged a finger in my face without a word, shook his head drunkenly, and walked heavily to the other room. I heard the slam of the bathroom door, and once again we were alone.

Harry scratched his head awkwardly, and leaned away from me, pressing against the island. Now, I could actually process what exactly had just almost happened between us. "Uh, I-I should probably g-go to bed," I sputtered, keeping my eyes locked on my fidgeting fingers.

"Yeah, me too," He mumbled, a small smile lifting the corners of his lips; those perfect lips that were so nearly on mine. I don't think I had ever wanted something more than in that moment. God, Addison, snap out of it!

He could tell I was staring, and his small smile turned into a full on smirk. I turned on my heels and walked down the hall to my bedroom. As I had my hand on the doorknob, an arm had found its way around my waist. In the dark, I squeaked, turning around to face Harry.

"Goodnight, Alley-Girl." Even in the low light, I could see that cocky smile he knew I couldn't resist. Slowly, ever so slowly, he bent down to press his lips to my cheek. I marveled at how different this kiss felt from the one our drunken friend had given me earlier. His lips lingered on my skin as if he was contemplating doing something else.

He leaned back to study my face, a crooked grin dominating his face. "Couldn't have Louis steal my thunder," He murmured. My heart stuttered, stopped, and picked up double-time.

His hand reached up to tuck some hair behind my ear and with that, he retreated to his own room. So many thoughts were whirling around my head as I got into bed.

Today had changed our relationship completely, at least for me. It baffled me; how quickly our friendship had flipped. My heart would stop just thinking of the way he would hold my hand, or smile. That night, I dreamed of Harry.