Ch. 14-Dewan

***Osiris***

Fly texted me and said the nurse told them Bobby would be able to leave in two more days. I was pretty sure the length of his stay had to do with the fact Memphis came in and informed them that he was paying, but Ra was trying to stop me from being so cynical.

I had slept okay the night before. Ra stayed on the phone with me until she fell asleep, but I didn't hang up. She snored a little bit, but it was cute and it made me fell like I was there with her. While she snored away, I thought about my next steps.

If me and Fly waited until Bobby got out, the shooter would have the satisfaction of bragging about it for three days. But if I waited and kept my ear to the streets, I could hear something useful. As it stood, I had no good ideas or reasonable hunches on who would've done it.

No one with a right mind in East JP was crazy enough to shoot Bobby in front of our spot in the broad daylight. That crossed out anybody close by. Which just left somebody from a rival gang. So G Lyfe, the Boonville Lords, and Aces was the only other people who coulda done it. We were the biggest around, but new gangs were always on the come up hoping to knock us out. But they'd fucked up messing with Bobby.

"Osiris, you gotta make some noise or else I'mma think you dead over there or something," Bobby told me. Dania had fell asleep and Fly was out looking for answers. I was s'posed to go with him, but I didn't only cuz Ra would've told me to wait.

"My bad, I'm just thinking, Bobby."

"Yeah, yeah. Turn on the TV for me, will you?" I nodded and pushed the big red button the remote. I flipped and finally landed on some shitty action movie they had playing on Spike. After putting the remote back down on the little table beside me, I put my head back and went back to thinking about everything.

It had to have been Richard B. Only me, Fly, Bobby, and Dewan knew about the deal they cut together to take out Aaron, so he'd wanna take out one of us to scare the others into silence. If anyone told that Richard B. was in cahoots with Dewan, they'd kill Richard B. for being a fucking snake, the way that we should've done Dewan, who'd killed someone from his own camp.

My eyes shot open and I stared at Bobby long and hard before he glanced over at me. "What, O?"

"It was Richard B. That nigga is the one who tried to kill you. He'd be the only motherfucker around here bold enough to unload in the broad daylight, with kids playing in the snow and shit. That shit is grimy and despicable, and only a G Lyfe nigga got morals like that."

He didn't respond. He only blinked and inhaled deeply. His silence only confirmed what I was thinking. Bobby hadn't seen anything, but he didn't have to.

"Bobby, I know you wanted to wait 'til you was ready to take him out with us, but we can't just wait. We can't be out here like sitting ducks knowing Richard B. is coming after the next one of us he think he can aim at. Fuck that, Bobby."

I stood up and walked over to him so that I could get one last confirmation from the look in his eyes. But I didn't get it. His eyes were darting around the room and avoiding mine, even though I waited for him to look back at me. What was his problem?

"I'm gonna get outta here and call Fly to take care of him, okay?"

"Okay," he whispered, still not meeting his eyes with mine. His behavior was confusing me, but it didn't matter. I had to finally deal with this.

Before I left the hospital, I texted Fly to strap up and be ready for when I came through. School would be back in session on Tuesday, so we had just enough time to finish this dude and get a good night's sleep afterward. Since I knew Fly would be down to get him real quick, I only had Ra left to talk to before we scouted Richard B.