"Are you gonna keep staring at me or can we be outta here?" He said snapping me out of my stare.

I grabbed my backpack and shrugged. "Lead the way."

-

Jahseh

"Ayo X, who that light skin you rolled up here with?" Kev asked me. "My step-sister." I said in an annoyed tone. All day, everybody kept asking who Kehlani was. Since all the shorties saw me pull up with her, I could tell she gone have mad hate coming towards her.

"Yo' mama cheated on me?" Isaac joked, but that shit wasn't funny.

"My mama don't fuck with broke ass niggas, so fuck are you talking 'bout?"

"Damn. Played ya life, fam." Smokey laughed.

"Speaking of, there her fine ass go right now." Kev pointed at the front of the cafeteria. At first I thought he was talking about my mama, but he was talking about Kehlani. She was walking and talking with some girl I don't know.

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "You're fucking disgusting."

They all looked at me. "Nigga you tripping. You know baby girl fire." Smokey said.

"No. Nigga." I shook my head.

"Keep the front unlocked tonight, ight?" Isaac winked.

"Muhfucka you not coming to my house, the fuck?" I said, making them laugh.

"Looks like I might become ya brotha in law, X. Be right back." Smokey smirked and stood up. Kev looked at him sideways.

"Unh-unh, fuck boy. I called dibs on her first, nigga." He said. I laughed.

"My nigga, who in the hell says 'dibs' anymore?" I laughed. "You a square."

Smokey just laughed before making his way to Kehlani.

Kehlani

"Oh my God." Iyanna scoffed and rolled her eyes. I met her in my first period, and she one of the only girls who didn't care about me pulling up to school with X.

All day long, girls have been giving me dirty looks, asking me questions, or insulting me behind my back. I swear if another bitch disrespect me I'ma just snap.

"What?" I questioned.

"Smokey's coming over here. He's so annoying sometimes. He hangs out with X."

That figures.

"Hey ladies." He said as soon as he approached us. He was looking me up and down, and I chuckled. He was cute, but I could tell he was like the player type.

"Hey Smokey." Iyanna said in a bored voice.

"Who's this?" He gestured over to me.

"Smokey, this is Kehlani. Kehlani, Smokey." Iyanna said. I slightly waved at him, and he gave me a head nod.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go find us a seat, Kehlani." She said before walking off, leaving me with Smokey the bear.

"So, you a senior?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Yup."

He nodded, then licked his bottom lip. "How old are you?"

"17, and yourself?"