33

I woke up in an empty hotel room. I wanted to cry, instantly remembering everything that had happened the night before.

  I throw on a shirt that was laying on the floor, despising the sight of my naked body. I searched throughout the room for my clothes.

  I finally found them stuffed under the bed; Bryce had tried hiding them.

  My phone was safe in the pocket of my jeans where they had been. I ordered an uber off of my phone and dressed back in the clothes I had worn last night.

  I read a note left on the door.

  Cloe, I know you'll leave, but don't you dare run your mouth. Tell someone, and I swear to god that you won't even want to find out what happens if you do.

  None of this felt real to me. I just wanted my brother. I get an alert that my car has arrived, so I make my way out of the hotel and towards the front parking lot.

  I keep my head low and avoid conversation the whole ride to my apartment.

  When I got to my apartment, I wasted myself into my sheets, not wanting any contact with the outside world.

  I groaned when there was a knock on my door. I didn't answer, but they came in anyway.

  "Long night?" Cody asks softly when he opens the door.

  "You can say that I guess."

  "I'm sorry about what Corey said Cloe, but we both know he didn't mean it at all. He's been beating himself up about it since you left."

  I mentally roll my eyes. I didn't want to talk to anybody right now. There's was a part of me that just wanted to throw myself in a blanket cocoon and cry until everything magically fixed itself. But there was also a part of me that just wanted to break down right here and tell Cody everything.

  I didn't know how I was supposed to deal with this. How is one supposed to deal with getting raped? "I'll talk to him later. I just want to take a nap right now please."

  He nods and gives me a small smile. "Okay, but I'm heading out to the stadium now. We can talk when I get back after the game. I'll bring Corey too."

  He walks out, and I wait until I hear him close the front door before getting out of my bed. I knew what I needed to do; where I needed to go.

  I grabbed a duffle bag and started shoving stuff in it: my toiletries, my clothes, my computer, anything I use on the daily. I grabbed my phone and my charger and put all my stuff on the living room floor. Then I pulled out a pen and a piece of paper.

  Cody,

  I didn't tell you something important, something that I should have told you. I didn't know what else to do, so I'm leaving. I don't know for how long yet. Please don't look for me; I promise I'm safe. I know that you're leaving for the Allstar games next week, so good luck Cods. I'm proud of you, and I love you so much.

  Please don't come find me; I need some time to myself. I feel so many things I've never had to feel right now. A lot happened last night Cods; a lot of stuff I don't even know how to comprehend, even less on how I'm supposed to tell you.

 Please tell Corey that I love him, but I still don't forgive him just yet. Also, tell him not to look for me either. Oh, and tell him that he gets to take care of Henry while I'm gone. He's the puppy daddy after all.

  Be smart Cody; I love you.

  Cloe

  "I'm gonna miss him," I whisper to myself. I didn't know how long I was leaving for, but I knew that I would miss my brother more with every day that passed. He's my best friend; no one even comes close to him. I'll miss Corey too, but considering that I am still pretty upset with him right now, I knew that we both needed time to ourselves.

  I presented myself as strong- going through what I had just gone through and still keeping my head up high. But I wasn't strong; I was breaking. Everything had just been stolen from me. My innocence, my sense of safety, and obviously my virginity. How is someone suppose to move on from that?

  I grabbed my bag and headed down to my car. It wasn't until I was on the freeway that I finally cried. I had been trying to refrain. I thought that maybe if I didn't get emotional about it, I could pretend like it didn't happen. But it did. I was raped.

  I sobbed for what felt like the whole car ride. The hours of tears had affected me to the point where I felt physically sick from crying so much.

  I dried my eyes, but it was no use. They were swollen and red, and I knew it was noticeable. I sucked it up though and parked in the driveway.

  I knocked on the door lightly even though I knew they lived alone. He finally answered.

  "Cloe...?"

  "Hi Dad."