42

I had been alone for a few hours since the boys and my dad had to go to their Allstar game. They wanted to stay here with me, but this was a huge moment for them, and I would hate to be the reason they miss out on it.

I had just gotten comfortable and was about to fall asleep again when my phone buzzed. It was a text from Ellen.

Don't check the internet; your brother's about to be all over it...

There was another text from Suzanna.

Put your phone down until I get there and can tell you what happened. I'm on my way.

I was confused, but did as told and put my phone down, even though I was desperate to go back on and see what Cody had done. I knew it couldn't be good, and I was almost certain it was something to do with Bryce.

After almost 20 minutes, Suz and Ellen came through my door. They gasped when they saw me and the shape I was in.

"Don't fret over me, what happened to Cody?" It was obvious by my voice that I wasn't doing well and that my body was still over-working itself even with everything I was hooked up to, but my brother was still my priority so all that didn't matter right now..

The girls look at each other before turning back to me. Ellen pulled out her phone, "I think it's easier for us to show you."

They sit on the chairs by my bed and hold the phone up to me so we could all see it.

Ellen clicks on a recent video, and it starts playing. 

Cody was playing first, and Bryce was getting switched out so another player could play. When Bryce passed Cody, my brother dropped his shoulder and gave Bryce a shove. Words were exchanged between them, and then things escalated quickly from there. Bryce threw the first punch, hitting my brother square in the jaw.

My hand covered my mouth while I watched Cody taking hit after hit without fighting back. It wasn't until Corey ran over and tried pulling Cody away that my brother resisted.

"Let go of me! It was him! He raped Cloe! You raped my sister! You fucking raped my baby sister!" Cody shrugged himself off of Corey and flung himself at Bryce.

The fight wasn't over, but I pushed the phone away from my view. It was too much to watch.

"You missed the part at the end," Suzanna says with a look of pity drawn on her face.

"What was it?" I ask.

Suzanna fast-forwards towards the end of the video and plays it. 

 "Chill out man. It's okay!" Bryce shouted at my brother. They were both being pulled back now by their team mates. 

 "In what world is this okay? She was saving herself and you ruined that for her! You got her pregnant! That's not how it was suppose to work for Cloe!" 

Suzanna paused the video and waited for me to say something.

I felt tears in my eyes, knowing I would have to bring up the subject again.

I break down right in front of the girls, but they're there to comfort me. I hated crying in front of people; it made me feel weak and vulnerable, but in this situation, the only qualities that could define me were weak and vulnerable. I was a mess.

"Cloe, its okay. You don't have to go through with this. You know that right?" Ellen says, lightly stroking my hair.

"What do you mean?" I ask with a sniffle.