21

The boys came back from their road trip with another series sweep under their belts. I had just gotten done with a pitching lesson and was heading to the airport to pick Corey and Cody up.

Cody had told the team and coaches about Nicole and his decision to raise the kid. They all supported him and said they'd do whatever they could to help out.

    "Have you guys told your dad yet?" Corey asked once they were both in the car.

   Cody shook his head. "Not yet. He's coming down this weekend for Cloe's first games of the season so I'll tell him then."

   "How do you think he'll react?"

    "I think he'll be a little disappointed that I'm gonna be a dad at 21 but I think he'll be proud that I actually stepped up to do it."

    "How do you think your dad would react if I got you pregnant?" Corey turned and asked me with a smirk on his face.

    "He'd kill you if I hadn't already." Cody replied for me. "Corey I swear to god if you impregnate my sister I will personally smash your balls with a line drive."

    "I'm pretty sure you have to have sex to impregnate someone." Corey said with a chuckle.

I slapped his across the chest. "If you keep complaining about not getting it you defiantly will not be getting it." I said playfully and giving him an eyebrow raise.

   "I never complained!" He threw his hands up in surrender. "I am perfectly fine with waiting until you're ready."

   I smiled at him quickly before turning my eyes back on the road. "Are we still going to the carnival later?" I asked after a while.

   Corey nodded. "Yup. And I hope you don't mind, I invited Joc. He's been really down about girls since he and Kelsey split up a few months ago. Could you invite one of your friends to hang out with him?"

   Friends? I don't have very many of those.

   "If I can find one." I said truthfully with a laugh. I thought about it for a while and decided to invite Zurie. She was going to be our teams new shortstop (once I convinced her) and she was someone I was pretty close with since she just moved into the complex next to mine.

I waited until we got back to my place to call her. "Good morning sunshine!" I said cheerfully when she picked up. Even though it was 12pm I knew she was probably still asleep before I had called her. She really likes to sleep in.

I told her about Corey and I's plans to go to the carnival and invited her to come with. I told her we had a special surprise date for her but didn't tell her it was Joc. She knew who Joc Pederson was since she was just as big of a baseball fan as I was.

She was reluctant about the blind date at first but eventually gave in. We agreed to meet at an icecream shop downtown at around 4pm.

   Corey made lunch that he wanted me to eat but I skipped it since I was actually planning on eating icecream later.

   While the boys ate, I got in the shower to wash off my body since it felt gross after all the sweating I did at my pitching lesson.

   I wrapped a towel around my hair and body and walked into my room where-surprise- Corey was laying on the bed waiting for me. I grabbed undergarments and made him turn so I could put them on.