8

I got in the driver's seat while Corey got in the passenger side and Cody got in the back. We were on our way to Arizona where the boys played the first three games of their road trip.

After their series with the Diamondbacks was done they'd fly out to San Francisco then to Colorado then they'd end in San Diego before going back to LA.

"Cody control yourself on this trip please." I said while merging onto the freeway.

"What's that suppose to mean?" He put down his phone and asked.

"It means no going out every night getting drunk and bringing back a bunch of girls back to your hotel room. This isn't the minors anymore, and you can't get away with that kind of stuff in the majors. So please behave yourself. And you," I pointed to Corey, "please make sure he behaves himself."

"I'm always behaved!" Cody said.

"Cody you've lived with me for almost 3 weeks now and have brought home at least five different girls."

He was silent for a minute before mumbling, "I'm going to sleep." He laid his head on his stupid ladybug pillow pet that he brought and curled up in his seat. It was rather funny to watch a 6'4 kid try to curl up in a ball.

After making sure Cody was sound asleep, Corey asked, "What's your brothers problem with girls?"

I sighed. "I don't really know to be honest. He's always sort of been a player. It might be the fact that he doesn't really understand relationships since our parents hated each other and our mom left when we were so young that he didn't really get to know her so he doesn't understand what it's like to have to respect a women and treat her right."

   "He respects you though. And he treats you right. You're like the #1 priority in his life Cloe."

   "He respects me as his sister and his best friend. It's different when it comes to other feelings. He had a rough time with those."

   "As do you. Maybe twins share feelings." Corey said, sending me a playful smile.

    "Maybe." I said joining his laughs.

    We drove for what felt like hours. Eventually I had to pull over and switch with Cody because I was too tired to keep going.

    After what felt like a minute, I was shaken back awake. "Baby we're here. Wake up and let's go inside."

    Was I dreaming or did someone with a hella nice voice just call me baby?

   I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms before I finally came to. "Oh. It was just you." I said when I saw Corey standing in front of me.

   "Who did you think it was?" He asked laughing.

    "I don't know like a male model or something."

   "I'm hurt." He touched his hand to his chest before shooting a smile, signaling he was joking.

   I got out of the car and grabbed my luggage from the trunk. Cody was already inside so we followed him in.

   Cody was siting in the living room by himself when we walked in. "Dads on shift right now. He'll be back tonight though. He still doesn't know we're here or that we were coming so we might scare him a little." He said to us.

    "Shift?" Corey asked.

    "Our dads a firefighter now." I told him.

    "Well damn."

     "Okay so Cloe go put your stuff in your room and Corey follow me and I'll show you the guest room. Then Cloe you can help me cook dinner."