Chapter 6 (Niall, Rhya and Jackie)

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE SO I KNOW YOU GUYS WANT ME TO CONTINUE POSTING THIS!

Jackie

I was sitting in chemistry on Monday, and I had to survive drama class after, to get to lunch. I was starving.

Louis was tapping his pencil against his notebook whilst Harry was texting Mackenzie under his desk. She kept looking over her shoulder at him, smirking. He didn’t write anything in his notebook yet, opposite to Louis, who was trying to focus on the blackboard. He kept squinting his eyes at it, like he couldn’t see that far.

I eyed a bump in Harry’s pants as he bit down his lip, looking at a newly received text. He rasped his voice and stood up.

"I need to go to the nurse…my stomach hurts.", he said and Mr. Clark nodded. Harry shot a quick glance towards Mackenzie and she smirked, watching him leave the classroom.

Two minutes later, she stood up.

"Mr. Clark…I need to go to the bathroom."

"Just wait until Mr. Styles gets back."

"But…I have girl problems…", she said and Mr. Clark’s face expression changed to disgust.

"Go."

She thanked him and disappeared.

Louis scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Pervert.", he muttered under his breath.

I sighed and tried to focus on the blackboard. But I immediately tensed up when I felt a pair of fingernails digging into my thigh.

"You’re still going to pay for that stunt you pulled on me.", he whispered, looking straight forward.

I shifted into my seat, trying to push his hand off. He frowned and squeezed my thigh, making me bite my lip to stop from yelping.

"Stop it.", I whispered.

His nails scratched the material of my jeans, before inching higher and rising my shirt to reveal my naked belly button. I lowly moaned, feeling small, thin bruises forming on my stomach as he scratched long lines.

"Stop it!", I said, but this time everyone turned to me.

"Is there a problem Mrs. Vega?", Mr. Clark asked raising his eyebrows.

"Uh…Louis is bothering me."

"I am not!"

"Well in that case, you can bother eachother in detention today! And make sure to invite Mr. Styles and Mrs. Sandler to accompany you."

As if on cue, the bell rang and I jumped out of my seat. As I walked past the teacher, Mr. Clark said:

"If I don’t see all four of you after school, you’ll get detention for the rest of the term."

When I exited the bathroom, Louis bumped shoulders with me, muttering ‘Just wait until detention’s over slut’.

I had drama next, with Louis and Zayn. But thank god, the principal spoke through the speakers:

"I would like all the seniors attending drama and music class, or any other art class to come in the theatre for the next hour. Thank you."

I put my things into my locker and looked around.

"Come on!"

I sighed relieved when I saw Rhya approaching me.

"Thank god you’re here, I have no idea where to go!"

She laughed and linked her arm with mine. We walked to two double doors, and entered one, to see all of the seniors sitting down on their places. Rhya spotted Dylan and waved at him. He was sitting in the tenth row.

"Hey.", I greeted him.

"Hi Jackie.", he said smiling and pecked Rhya’s lips.

"In case you didn’t know, this is my girlfriend, Rhya.", he said laughing. I smiled.

"And when did this happen?", I asked sitting down next to her.

"This morning.", he answered whilst Rhya put her head on his shoulder.

"Why do you think they’re calling us here?", she asked.

I shrugged, and the whole room settled down and everything went quiet when four teachers came on stage. The Foxy Fives and the five boys were in the front row, also listening to the announcement that was about to come.

"We called everyone here to announce the annual school plays.", Mr. Schwarz spoke.

"What’s that?", I turned to Rhya.

"We have this tradition, there is the winter and the spring play. It’s a thing where basically all the seniors do a play in each term for the parents, teacher and students. I wonder what this year’s plays will be about.", she explained sitting up straight.

"As you know, in each year the seniors have to act in a play, one at the end of the first term, and one in the middle of the second term, right after spring break. This year’s plays will be classic plays, not like last year, when we had Bonnie and Clyde and Jack and Jill.", Mr. Johnson, a drama teacher said.

Everyone was waiting for the first play to be announced.

"The first play will be a classic. Romeo and Juliet."

Whispers started, everyone was suddenly anxious about more details.

"The leads will be of course, Romeo and Juliet. Auditions start today after lunch, and end on Wednesday, at noon, before lunch. You’ll find out the roles on Thursday before lunch, when you’ll be here in the auditorium. After you found out who you’re going to play, and don’t worry, each of you will get a part, we’re going to start rehearsals everyday the hour before and after lunch. Remember, the play will be 80 percent of your grade, so if you’re not auditioning, you might as well come back in the Summer."

I was distracted by a mop of curls leaning over to a cascade of blonde locks. I scrunched my face up, disgusted. I had enough of their PDA.

"Everyone will come and audition for the lead, then we will assign you to your role. There will be no singing needed in this play, but the second play will be a musical. I also know that all of you can sing, so there will be no problem with this."

When the bell rang, announcing lunch, everyone stood up.

"Everyone grab a script from the stage please, and read the monologue on the first page for the auditions. We’ll do the auditions in alphabetical order, so today, the students with their last name from A to H will audition, I to P on Tuesday and Q to Z on Wednesday. If someone doesn’t show up, they will get an F straight ahead, and won’t graduate."

The lesson was over and everyone hurried to get the blue books that were settled in piles at the edge of the stage.

"The play is at the end of December, two days before vacation starts, on the 19th. We have two months and 19 days to rehearse, so I’m asking you to take this seriously."

—-

"What part do you want to get?", Rhya asked me at lunch. We were sitting with Kelsey, Josh and Dylan at a table in a corner of the cafeteria.

"I don’t know…something far away from the spotlight…a small part. Who do you think is going for Juliet?"

"Every girl in senior year.", Rhya stated.

"Yeah but who do you think’ll get it?"

"My sister.", Kelsey said.

I looked at her.

"She was Bonnie in Bonnie and Clyde, Jill in Jack and Jill…she is always the lead in everything."

"And who were Clyde and Jack?"

"Clyde was Harry and Louis was Jack."

"So you’ll think one of them will get Romeo?"

"I think Liam will get Romeo.", Kelsey said. "He’s the Romeo type."

Rhya’s eyes darted to the table in front of her, and she took a bite out of her hamburger. I was sure she wasn’t telling me everything about her and Liam, but I wasn’t going to force her to tell me.

After lunch I wished Rhya good luck, since she had auditions. We had PE. I walked with Dylan to the gym. I changed alone, ignoring the insults coming from Foxy Five. I changed into my joggers, and a tank top, before throwing a jacket on.

"Today we’re doing the PE lesson outside."

Everybody cheered. As we made our way out on the field, I kitted my eyebrows together, because the sun was blinding, although it wasn’t warm.

As we did our warm ups, I heard Mr. Duff say to the boys that were also warming up.

"We have a new student today. This is Josh Devine, and I expect you to be nice with him."

A brown haired boy came into view and just smiled, before doing his stretches. His eyes caught mine and he winked at me, making me blush.

"We’re playing dodgeball again, but this time it’s on a bigger field, and the losers have to do three laps."

Everyone groaned. Liam and Taylor were the goalkeepers, and the game started. After a short period of time, I was kicked out, together with the new guy, but he seemed like he did it on purpose. I started jogging the 600 meters.

"Hi."

I turned my head to see the new guy smiling down at me. He wasn’t that tall, he was like one inch taller.

"Hi.", I replied. "You’re the new kid."

"Josh. Devine.", he said stretching out his hand whilst jogging.

"Jackie Vega."

"You seem like you’re new too."

"How’d you figure?"

"Well you’re American, and you weren’t quite socializing out there."

"My friend is at the Romeo and Juliet auditions…wait. Aren’t you supposed to audition too?"

"Yeah, next period. I have chemistry and I really don’t like that."

"Oh."

"So is that guy your boyfriend?", he asked.

"Who?"

He nodded towards someone and I followed his gaze, to meet a pair of green eyes.

"Harry? No, quite the opposite."

"What do you mean?"

"He bullies me…well…he and his four friends."

"I know that bloke Niall. He’s my cousin. And what do they say to you?"

We stopped, because our laps were over, and we made our way back on the playing field, but we sat down a few feet away from the game.

"Nothing…they just…I don’t know, they call me fat and ugly but that’s okay."

"No it’s not. Do you want me to beat someone up for you?"

I blushed. “No.”

"I could…so which one is your boyfriend?"

"I don’t have one."

"You don’t? How come?"

I shrugged.

"Well for the record, I think you’re beautiful and have a bangin’ body.", he said placing and arm on my knee.

"Thank you.", I said red.

When the class was over, Harry and Louis walked over to Josh, Mackenzie’s fingers linked with Harry’s.

"We’re having tryouts the whole week.", Harry told him and Josh got up.

"If you want to be on the soccer team. The championship starts next week."

"Yeah cool. I’ll be there.", Josh said.

"And you also wouldn’t want to spend your day with losers like that.", Louis spoke looking down at me.

Josh looked at me and smiled.

"See you around Jay.", he winked.

Harry had a disgusted look on his face, whilst Mackenzie’s was just bored. They walked away, leaving me there, sitting.

—-

I was in detention, sitting next to Rhya. We were in the same room with Zayn, Liam, Louis, Harry, Mackenzie, an emo girl and a sleeping guy.

"Auditions went well.", Rhya whispered.

"No talking Mrs. Darling.", Mr. Clark said not looking up from the papers he was grading.

Mackenzie was sitting on Harry’s lap, arms around his neck whilst he had his hand under her dress. I would barf all over them.

When the hour was over, Mr. Clark gave us permission to leave.

"See you tomorrow?", I asked Rhya while we were walking down the hallway, towards the exit, leaving everyone behind.

"We’ll Skype tonight.", she said and hugged me, before hurrying down the stairs to her dad’s car. I stood there for a second, before I sprinted to the forbidden smoking area. I opened the gate and ran. Right before I could escape, someone appeared at the exit, and I bumped into them, to get knocked on the floor.

I landed on my arse and looked up. Louis stood there with a cigarette between his lips.

"Quite the temper.", he said darkly as he took a step towards me. I stood up straight and took a step back, before turning around and hoping to make a run for it. But I was yanked backwards, and something hard slapped me across the cheek. My eyes watered as he towered over me, the beanie hiding his hair.

"You’re a really fucking annoying bitch.", he spat pushing me by my shoulders. I fell again, and this time he came up to my side and started kicking my stomach. I yelled out in pain, but he kept kicking me with such power, and such anger, I was ready to pass out. He kicked me in the face, making my nose crack and I cried out loud.

"Stop…", I cried shielding my face with my hands.

"You’re a fucking bitch. You don’t deserve to live.", he said and I cried, curling up into a ball. I felt blood coming out of my mouth and nose, but I just stood there with my eyes clenched shut.

He came over to me and sat down on me, so he could straddle me. He yanked me so I was on my back and took my hands away from my face, to pin them with one of his hands above my head. His other hand ripped the clothes from my left shoulder to the side and pressed his burning cigarette to the point. I yelped and he threw the fag somewhere on the ground.

Then, he slapped me one more time before getting up. I curled up into a ball once again, then hid my face into my hands and continued crying.

"You’re lucky your sister’s hot."

He kicked me in the stomach one more time, before spitting in my face and walking away, his backpack hanging on one of his shoulders.

I don’t know how long I stood there, but all I know is that it was almost dark when someone yanked me up.

I opened my eyes and met a deep blue pair, and a emerald green one.

Niall looked at me, before getting something out of his pocket. I thought it was a new cigarette, but he got out a tissue and gave it to me.

"Fuck off now.", he said.

"Thank you.", I mumbled and walked towards the exit.

—-

Thursday, 11:09

I was sitting next to Rhya in the theatre, waiting for the results. Mr. Johnson came forward with a list.

"So here are the roles. We’ll start with the main characters…just to keep you in suspense, I’ll say the leads after I said the main roles. So…Rosaline, Romeo’s crush will be played by Leslie Walsh."

Leslie squealed, jumping up from her seat.

"Mercutio, Romeo’s best friend will be played by Louis Tomlinson. Benvolio, a friend of Romeo’s will be played by Josh Devine. Tybalt, Juliet’s brother will be played by Niall Horan. Friar Laurence, the priest who’ll help Romeo and Juliet will be played by Dylan Paten. Romeo’s father will be played by Jason Kimmel, and Romeo’s mother will be played by Lindsay Vega. Paris, Juliet’s partner will be played by Zayn Malik. The prince of Verona will be played by Kurt Dallas. Lord Capulet will be played by Harry Styles, and Lady Capulet will be played by Mackenzie Sandler. The nurse, Juliet’s friend, will be played by Jaqueline Vega."

I was devastated. It was a pretty big role.

"And before we get into the other roles, I would like to announce the leads. Juliet will be played by…Rhya Darling."

Rhya gasped.

"And Romeo will be played by Liam Payne."

Rhya

Liam arched his back and my heart fell into my pants. My palms were sweaty.

The bell rang, announcing lunch time. I sat up straight and didn’t dare to look towards him. I got out of my row.

"Congratulations babe!", Dylan said when he came next to me on the aisle. He leaned down at kissed me, but I decided to close my eyes too late, because my eyes locked with his brown orbs. His eyebrows rose and I took a step back from Dylan. He wrapped an arm around me shoulder and we walked to the cafeteria with Jackie.

"Oh god you got the lead!", she said excited and I faked a smile. There’s nothing I wanted less than to be the Juliet to his Romeo.

We got in line and I was talking to her about a future sleepover at her place tomorrow, when the popular group entered the room.

Liam was staring at me rudely, and I suddenly had a stomach ache.

"Uhm Jack could you order me an apple and a cookie?", I asked.

"Sure."

"Great. I’ll be right back.", I said and unhooked Dylan’s arm from my shoulder, before I walked out of the cafeteria in the deserted hallway. 

I made my way towards the ladies bathroom from upstairs, because I didn’t want to throw up next to a bathroom stall that was occupied by girls who were gossiping while one of them was peeing. I climbed up the stairs, two at once, before I entered the ladies bathroom. I was sincerely sorry for anyone who had their locker at the first or the second floor, because I wouldn’ve survived climbing all these stairs every single day, at least twice.

I stood in front of the mirror looking at myself, before I splashed water on my face and dried it with a paper towel.

As I exited the bathroom, I saw someone coming up the stairs. It was Liam. I didn’t want to look at him, so I just turned around, hoping to get to the stairs at the end of the hallway.

But he was in front of me before I could even realize what was going on. He towered above me, sending shivers down my spine as I took a step back. My back collided with the lockers, sending a metalic sound through the hallway.

He let out a long breath and I looked at his hair who was styled up in a small quiff, before he placed both of his arms above my head and leaned down, so he was at the same eye level as I was.

"Liam, what are you doing?", I asked, but it came out as a low whisper, a shaky whisper.

Because, truth be told, I was afraid of him. I was afraid of him every time I saw him, him and his dark orbs.

"Shut up.", he said in a raspy voice.

Then, out of nowhere, his lips crashed into mine. My shoulders tensed, and I brought my arms up to push him away, but he wasn’t having any of it. He took my hands in his and swung them around his shoulders.

He pressed his hips to mine, and I almost moaned out. But this was wrong. 

I liked Dylan. I really did.

And I hated Liam. I really, really did.

His hands slid into the back pockets of my black jeans, and he squeezed my bum. My hands reach down his plaid shirt and my fingers pull slightly on the hem of his skinnies.

His palms slid out of my pockets and went around my thighs, trying to lift me up, since he was almost 10 inches higher than I was. I jumped and locked my legs around him, before he pinned my back to the lockers, once again making a metallic noise. I pulled him into me more, feeling butterflies in the pit of my stomach.

I don’t know how long we made out for, but the bell rang and voices filled the hallways downstairs. Liam took a step back from the lockers and I unwrapped my legs from his waist, before he settled me down.

"Don’t tell anyone.", was the last thing he mumbled before he stormed off. I wiped my mouth and stood there, watching the hallway being filled by students of all ages.

"Where were you at lunch?", Jackie questioned me as we sat down in algebra.

"I got sick…sorry."

She smiled with compassion and nodded, before turning into her seat. Zayn came in and when he caught my gaze, he winked.

I looked down at my fingers.

I had a boyfriend.

Niall

I watched Katie walk away to class, pulling the hem of the dress that was lifted by my hands down. She looked back at me and I winked, but when she turned away, I rolled my eyes and opened my locker.

"You bastard."

I closed my locker, to see Liam leaning over Zayn’s locker, who was currently on his phone.

"What?", I asked taking my algebra notebook out, and a pen.

"You’re leading her on.", he said and pushed himself off the locker, before we all started walking towards the first floor.

"So? She’s a good shag. Speaking of shags…when was the last time you got laid?”

"Two weeks ago."

Zayn fake gasped and I snickered, and we stopped in front of Liam’s french class.

"Where were you at lunch?", I asked.

His eyes drifted to the lockers across from us for a split of a second, before he spoke:

"I was out…uhm, smoking."

"You don’t smell like smoke.", I stated.

"Well you don’t smell like sex, but you do it every day."

I shrugged, smiling, watching him enter his classroom.

"Cunt!", I called and he flipped me the bird, not turning around.

Zayn chuckled and we started walking to algebra.

"So how’s the bet going?", I asked changing the subject.

"Not well…she’s got a boyfriend."

"So?"

He grinned and I followed him in algebra class. I sat down next to Louis, who was talking to Lindsay.

When Mr. Schwarz came in and started teaching, I leaned over to Louis and whispered:

"We still hangin’ at Harry’s tomorrow night?"

He nodded, not turning his head to look at me. I nodded and turned to my seat.

Friday, 8:04pm, Harry’s house

I pressed my bony finger to ring the bell, but it was swung open by Louis.

"Come in bro."

I nodded and stepped inside, leaving by backpack on the table in his kitchen.

"You didn’t get home.", he asked, but it sounded more like a statement as we went up the stairs.

We were having a typical lads night: with booze, video games and talks about girls.

It was a quarter past eight when Anne’s head popped into the room and made us interrupt our wild game of Mario Cart on the Xbox.

"Robin and I are going out, we’ll be home after two…don’t turn the music up too loud."

"Okay mom."

"Bye boys!", she said disappearing.

"Bye Mrs. S."

"You’re mom’s smokin’.", Zayn said from his place on the beanbag, next to Harry. Louis nodded in agreement from the couch and Liam crunched his face from the floor. I was sitting next to Louis on the couch, watching Harry win the game.

He yelled out in victory and raised his arms, before turning his head towards the balcony, to see his parent’s cab drive away.

"Finally.", he groaned before jumping up from his seat and storming out of the room.

He returned with a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Jack Daniels. He also had a bottle of water, to sober us up and a package of biscuits.

"Hell yeah.", I cheered when he placed five shot glasses on the coffee table. He filled them up with Vodka while he sat back down in his beanbag with the bottle in hand. He switched trough the channels and found a movie which seemed horror.

"Chan- no, wait.", Zayn said when he saw the name Mila Kunis on the screen.

"It’s The Black Swan.", Liam said.

"Dudeee leave it here there is some serious girl on girl action going on between Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis.", Louis spoke.

We high fived and Liam offered to go downstairs and make some popcorn.

Rhya

I looked at the clock on my iPhone when my mom’s car drove towards Jackie’s street.

08:21pm

She stopped right at the entrance on her street.

"Do you know her house? I’m in a rush to a meeting."

You’re always in a meeting until late at night…

"Yeah, number 14. Pick me up tomorrow?"

"Give me a call around noon."

"Okay. Bye mom.", I said getting out of the car and slamming the door.

"Love you!", she said but I ignored it. Frankly, I was glad that I was sleeping at Jackie’s, because lately I’ve been sleeping alone every single night. My mom apparently was fighting for a promotion at her bank, so I was left home alone, and god knows where my dad is. It was just me, my cat Doodle, and my big, rottweiler Poodle, who was protecting me at night.

I sent Jackie a text.

To: Jackie :D
Sent at: 08:22pm

Almost there…I’ll be there in 5 minutes :) 

I walked with quick steps towards her house. I was close, two houses away, when I spotted someone in the window of the house across from her. I ignored it, and I was almost at her doorstep, when someone grabbed my waist and pulled me behind her neighbour’s big tree.

I tried scream, but my mouth was covered with a hand that smelled like popcorn.

"Shhh."

My eyes widened when I recognised Liam’s voice.

"Lia-"

"I wanna kiss you.", he whispered against my lips. I didn’t answer, because a part of me hated him, and another part of me desperately wanted to feel his lips against mine.

His lips were soft, and tasted like smoke and Vodka. His tongue pushed its way inside of me and I softly moaned into his mouth. His hands travelled down my sides, and stopped on my hips, lifting the thick layer of clothes up, to touch my bare skin. My head tilted to the side to deepen the kiss and he groaned, breaking our kiss.

"You’re short.", he stated, before lifting me up by my hips, and I wrapped my arms and legs around his body. His hands cupped my bum.

"Rhya?"

He stopped, releasing me and I pulled my clothes down and he wiped his swollen lips.

"You go first.", he said.

"I still hate you.", I spoke and walked away.

I liked Dylan. I REALLY did.

And I hated Liam. I always have.

"Jackie! Hey."

Niall

I laughed at the couple that were making out behind a tree.

"Niall!", Zayn called me and I turned around to see him hold a lighter. I fumbled through my jeans and gave him a cigarette.

"Thanks.", he said coming next to me. Liam came in with a bucket of popcorn two minutes later.

"You should’ve seen the couple that was dry humping by the tree across the street.", I chuckled.

Liam’s eyes turned dark. “Yeah I saw them.”

"Hey, isn’t that Rhya?", Zayn asked and I turned around. All five of us gathered on the balcony. There was one light in the whole house.

We saw Jackie come out and hugging her, before they went inside.

"They’re having a sleep over.", I stated.

"Almost didn’t recognise her with her clothes on.", Zayn joked and all of us, except of Liam, cracked up.

"Let’s go over there.", Louis said with an evil grin.

"Let’s!", I screamed, but got interrupted when my phone buzzed in my pocked. I pulled it out.

From: The D
Received at: 08:37pm

I have a new job for you. Be at the hill at 9pm

I gulped.

"I really have to go guys, but I’ll be back in two hours.”

"Got a booty call?", Louis teased.

I nodded and gave them a fake cocky smile. I exited the balcony.

"Stay safe!", Liam called after me.

"I always try not to get shot.", I mumbled.

9:01pm

I panted as I made my way up the hill. I pulled the hoodie over my messed up hair, before I faced the group of five people that was gathered near a big tree.

"Niall."

My eyes flinched at the sound of his voice. 

"Here.", I said giving them the two pounds of marijuana, worth almost £10000.

"I have another job for you for tomorrow. It’s pretty big. And you’ll get five hundred pounds and some leftovers.", my dad told me as we walked towards the parking lot.

"I’ll do it."

"Can you fetch a cab to your friend’s?"

I nodded and he smiled, before disappearing into a black van.

My dad has always been a drug dealer. At least, since I’ve moved from Ireland. He was constantly bickering with my mom and one day he had enough, so he packed and I went with him.

I got into a cab and told him Harry’s adress.

I had no problem with my dad whatsoever, he wasn’t abusive, like Zayn’s or Louis’. They thought nobody knew about their home situation, but I knew. 

I knew that Zayn was getting beaten up by his dad, and that’s why his mom left with his sisters. That’s why he wasn’t always in school, be had bruises. His dad would usually coming home late and would abuse him, hit him and so on. His grades were high because he was smart, and also because he would be beaten to death if he wouldn’t receive a good mark. I knew too well that Zayn was sleeping with so many girls just so he could go home with them and spend the night, so he wouldn’t have to face his father.

And I also knew that Louis’ dad was beating his mom every day. 

That’s why Louis and Zayn are probably the most violent out of all of us. Of course, everyone of us had their own secret, my secret was that my dad and I were dealing illegal drugs. I knew Zayn and Louis’ secrets, but I didn’t know Harry’s or Liam’s. I was sure they had one.

Although I wasn’t quite sure, I think Liam’s secret was that his dad cheated on his mom, and they were threatening eachother with divorce papers.

I got out of the cab, to see that the boys were going out of the house.

"What’s up?"

"Finished so soon?", Louis asked and looked at his watch. "It’s only half past nine."

"Yeah she…had girl problems."

"Ew."

"We’re going over there.", Zayn smiled showing me the half empty bottle of Vodka.

I shrugged and followed them, but the lights on the whole street went out.

"Things just got interesting."

Jackie

I looked at the clock next to the microwave.

09:20pm

"Come ooooon!", I groaned.

My whole family was out: Helen and dad their four year anniversary, Josh was at Kelsey’s, and Lindsay was at some boy’s house. So basically, Rhya and I had the house to ourselves until tomorrow.

I sighed, but then jumped when I saw the microwave bell go off. I opened the door and took the popcorn bag out of it.

I climbed the stairs like a gorilla and jumped in bed next to Rhya. My MacBook was opened and we were just searching a movie to look at. My Facebook dinged, notifying a new message on chat.

I clicked on it, and my heart jumped out of my chest when I saw a new message fromJosh Devine.

Josh Devine: so I found your name :)

"Oh god it’s the new kid!", Rhya exclaimed as her fingers ran over the keyboard.

"Rhya!", I yelled looking at the message she just sent.

Jackie Vega: stalker much? ;)

I waited for his reply.

Josh Devine is typing…
Josh Devine: cheeky much? ;) yeh I might or might not have stalked u on here :)
Jackie Vega:nice. Get in my pants.

"RHYA!!", I yelled snatching the laptop from her. She was rolling on the floor, laughing.

Josh Devine:okay
Jackie Vega: oh my god that was my friend Rhya! Sorry!
Josh Devine: what a shame :( wait, is she the red headed girl?
Jackie Vega: yeah you know her?

"He knows me?", she asked surprised.

"I have five percent of battery left, go find the charger.", I said and she got up.

Josh Devine is typing
Josh Devine: the guys were talking about her 2day at try outs
Jackie Vega: what were they saying?

But then, the lights went off on the whole street. The laptop turned dark five seconds later, just when Josh replied.

"Shit.", Rhya swore and lighted my face with her iPhone that had pink bunny ears and a bunny tail.

"Let’s go downstairs, I have some flashlights.", I suggested and we started walking down the stairs, when we heard a bang at the front door.

My heart stopped when I remembered that I didn’t lock it.

"Rhya.", I whispered to her once we were downstairs, in the hallway.

"What?"

"There’s someone outside, and I forgot to lock the door."

She froze.

"Fuck. Let’s hide behind the couch."

She locked her phone, leaving the house in complete darkness.

I was almost fainting from adrenaline and fear when the door opened. We stood there, watching the pitch black room. I heard steps and closed my eyes. Then everything went silent.

Someone’s breath was on my neck. I immediately took a step back and collided with another body.

It was dead silent, I could speak.

"Boo.", someone whispered.

"Aarrrrrhhhgggghhhhh!", someone else yelled and Rhya and I screamed.

Laughters were heard, and I recognized the voices instantly.

Three phones lit up the dark, and the first face I saw was Zayn’s.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"We were bored so we decided to come and scare you.", Niall laughed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well can you please go?", Rhya asked, crossing her arms on her chest.

The room was suddenly invaded by light, and I could clearly see all of them. They were all in sweats, except of Niall.

"Go.", I said pointing at the door. My eyes locked with Louis’ for a moment. "Please."

He looked at me, then he looked at his shoes, biting the inside of his cheek.

"Let’s leave the fat cow alone.", he said then turned around to walk towards the door, followed by Niall and Zayn.

"Yeah.", Harry said looking into my eyes. "She’s not worth it."

My heart clenched and I felt like I was stabbed.

I followed everyone into the hall and grabbed the door, opening it.

"Bye.", I mumbled and they exited, but Louis didn’t hesitate to kick me in the ankle.

I bit my lip and locked the door behind them.

"Let’s go and charge the laptop!", Rhya said.

I agreed.

We went to bed at 2am, and talked about boys, Romeo and Juliet, and Dylan and Josh.

I fell asleep, but a pair of blue eyes haunted me.

A pair of piercing blue eyes, filled with hatred, but with a glimpse of sadness.

Rhya

Sunday, 9:59pm

"See you tomorrow beautiful.", Dylan told me and I stood on my tip toes to kiss him.

After we pulled apart, he kissed my forehead.

"Are you sure your mom is okay with me bringing you home?"

I nodded. It’s not like she’s at home. Her Jeep wasn’t in the driveway.

"Night then.", he spoke one more time before he got in the cab and left. I heard Poodle’s barks in the back garden. I unlocked the front door and when I got in, I immediately locked it.

I turned on the light in the hallway, then went in the kitchen to get some chocolate, before I went to give Poodle some food.

It was half past ten when I got into bed with Doodle.

I was almost asleep when I heard someone shuffling downstairs. I thought it was my mom who came home, but my breath caught up in my throat when I heard steps.

Steps coming up the stairs.

I gulped and swore when I remembered that I didn’t close my door. Great. I’m about to get fucking robbed and maybe even killed, kidnapped or raped.

I closed my eyes and slowly pulled the blanket over my head.

The footsteps stopped at my door and I didn’t dare to breath. My heart was beating out of my chest and I honestly said the parts that I remembered from a random prayer.

When I couldn’t hear anything else, I slowly got out of bed in just my long night shirt.

My heart stopped when I turned around and saw someone in the door frame. I swear I almost died.

But then the silhouette came towards me, and I sighed when I saw Liam’s hair in the street lights.

"You fucking scared me.", I said pushing him angry. He caught my hands in his and I tried to wiggle out of them.

"Go away you creep!", I exclaimed punching his stomach. But it was useless. He was taller and of course, stronger.

He released me from his grip and sat down against the end of my bed, leaning his head on the bed.

"Why are you here?", I snapped.

"My parents are fighting again.", he said.

My expression softened.

"Well it’s not my damn business.", I said roughly.

He looked at me and I stood a meter away from him. He patted the floor next to him, but I crossed my arms.

His hands reached out for my leg and his arm wrapped around it, pulling my closer. I tried to pull away, but he was stronger. He pulled my hips down to his lap, and I ended up straddling him. I put my hands on either side of his head on the bed, and my knees on either side of his hips.

His breath smelled like cigarettes. I crunched my nose and tried to get up, but he kept me down on him. His lips grazed over mine, before he attached them to mine.

I knew fighting would’ve been useless, because he had a spell over me, a power that I couldn’t describe. My fingers played with the hair at the back of his neck and he moaned into my mouth as his tongue massaged with mine. His erection was clear through the material of his sweat pants and my knickers.

His hands travelled down to my bum, were they rested.

"I love your arse.", he whispered when we pulled apart.

His lips attached to my neck and I unzipped his hoodie, before taking it off. He unbuttoned his red plaid shirt and put it next to him. My fingers ran down his defined abs.

Then, I realised what I was doing: I was cheating on Dylan, once again.

I jumped up and took a step back.

"Get out."

"But-"

"Leave. Now."

"Please-"

"Liam."

He stood up and I turned around running a through my hair. I followed him down the stairs, to the door of the back garden.

"How did you even get in?"

"You should lock your back door."

"I have a dog."

"Poodle knows me."

"Did you get your clothes?", I asked looking at the hoodie he was pulling over his hair.

"Everything."

"Your shirt too?"

"Yeah."

"You sure? I don’t want to have to return your shirt at school, because I don’t want to touch it."

"I’m sure, I have it on me. Want to see?"

"No."

"Then shut up.", he said before disappearing in the dark.

I felt sad because I let him leave. I locked the door and went back upstairs. I climbed into bed, but felt something on my pillow.

I realised it was his shirt. It smelled like him.

I curled up into a ball, and without noticing, I hugged the shirt to my chest.

I liked Dylan. I REALLY, REALLY did.

But I loved Liam. 

I always have.

----

Please comment :) And thanks for reading :D

xoxo,

Ronnie