Eight

« 8—MAGNUS »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~"Magnus Bane

~~~•~~~
"Magnus Bane."

Hodge's voice echoed through Talia's still ringing head which she was currently nursing with a cold water bottle pressed against her forehead.

Hodge had called a meeting because of something Jace and Clary had figured out earlier about her memories. The Shadowhunter's sat around the table, Talia at the far side, a fair distance from everyone except Alec.

"He's over three hundred years old, and as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century."

Talia shook her head as she took in the pictures of Magnus surrounded by multiple women and men.

Jace turned to her, guilt and apologetic glances were thrown her way, but the brunette took no notice of it as she kept her eyes away from him and on the task at hand.

"His tastes are both exquisite and quite excessive."

Hodge rounded off, still flicking pictures up on his tablet. Talia began to tune out as she already had a pretty solid idea of what they had to do and instead her mind wandered back to last night and how Alec had walked back with her, neither of them had said anything but his company was all that she needed to feel settled and calmer once more.

"Can you two focus?" Alec told Izzy and Clary who started to go off topic, talking about a celebrity being a vampire which Talia didn't care that much about, "This is not a joke."

"Someone needs to get slayed," Isabelle sent a sly look to Talia who furrowed her eyebrows at the girl in slight confusion as Alec rolled his eyes at the comment.

"Alec's right," Hodge stepped in, looking at all the Shadowhunters who sat below him, "Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known, he has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters."

The tall brunette began to spin round on her chair as the conversation began to drone on with Clary's clueless questions.

She pulled her water bottle from her head and took a sip from it. Leaning back against the chair and lifting her head up, Talia saw the intricate detailing's from the architecture on the church.

"Talia."

She shot herself up from her seat at the sound of her name, she turned to the side and caught sight of Alec walking towards her whilst everyone else had gone ahead, walking up the stairs into the weapons room.

Alec motioned with his eyes for her to follow as he started walking, Talia had to jog to catch up to him after placing her bottle onto the table and matching his long strides.