Chapter 35

November 1989

Amanda

It seemed that there was a light at the end of the tunnel. The band started to write more lyrics for the Use Your Illusion album. Axl became a complete general. He forced the band to stay in the studio for more than six hours almost every other day. Duff and I barely have seen each other this week. Axl didn't let Stephanie and I to come to the studio. He said that the band was already behind schedule. If it helps them to get their writing done faster, I guess I can manage to see Duff for just a few hours in the day. I don't want to seem like I'm the clingy girlfriend who can't function without her boyfriend being next to her. It was still weird that Steven was not in the band. I don't have anything against Matt. He's a good guy, but it's just not the same.

Another member joined the band

Another member joined the band. His name is Dizzy Reed. He plays keyboards. Dizzy actually met the band in 1985 while his band, The Wild, were rehearsing at another studio that was close to the studio where Guns N' Roses were rehearsing. He kept in touch with the band and Axl invited him to join the group for the recording of the album. So, the band now had 6 members. 

#

The band did a cover of Wings' Live and Let Die. They had already shot the video for it. I was cooking lasagna when the phone rang. "Hello?" I said.

"Hey Amanda." It was Duff.

"Hey Duff? What's going on? Are you guys still in the studio?" I asked him. I haven't seen him since this morning. Axl was keeping everyone on a tight leash. He was so controlling.

"Yeah, we still are." Duff said. "Our video will be broadcast soon."

"That's cool. I'll watch it." I said to him.

"I think you'll like the video. The director included live performances of us singing the song. It's a great video." Duff told me.

"I'm looking forward to watching it. I gotta go because I don't want to burn my lunch." I said to him.

"All right, see you later." Duff said and he hung up.

I turned on the TV in the living room. Alan Hunter announced that Guns N' Roses released another music video and he can't wait to see it either.