Chapter 18

Amanda

I woke up around 9:00 am. The video shoot will start around 11:15 am. I was so excited. I thought for sure my parents were not going to let me be in the video. My family and I had a long discussion about it, and we came to an agreement. As usual, it took my mom the longest to be convinced that there would be nothing weird about the video. My dad provided a very convincing argument to her that I can't live a sheltered life forever. I have to go out into the world and experience what it has to offer. They have met Duff before, so it's not like he's a stranger that they are meeting for the first time. I told them that probably I would spend the entire day with the band, because the director told the band that he doesn't want to take an entire week filming the video. He wants to have more time to edit the video and hopefully toward the end of the week the video will be broadcast on MTV.

After I ate breakfast I started searching through my closet and tried to find an outfit. I have no criteria to really work with because no one told me what type of an outfit I should wear. So, I thought a safe bet would be something casual. After searching for about 10 minutes, I think I found a good outfit.

I brushed my hair and I looked in the mirror at my outfit. I think it doesn't look too bad. I took my purse. Maybe after the video, Duff and I might go out somewhere or check out what shops might be around the beach.

I heard a car approaching the driveway. It's probably Duff. He said that he would pick me up and we would meet the band at the ballroom. I said goodbye to my parents and I walked out of the house.

"Morning, Blondie." Duff said when I sat down in the passenger seat.

"Morning, Duffy." I said while I leaned over to him and kissed him on the lips.

"Ready for the video?" Duff asked me while he turned on the ignition.

"I am." I have to admit I was a bit nervous that my parents would forbid me from being in the video, but they actually surprised me.

"I'm glad we are spending the day together. I'm so happy that Axl changed his idea about the concept of the video." Duff admitted while he was holding my hand.

"I'm a bit nervous about the cameras." I shyly admitted.

"Don't worry. You'll hardly know they are there. They used to bother me too at first. Now, it's like they are not even there." Duff confessed.

"Okay." I smiled at him. How did he always manage to calm me down and get rid of my anxiety?

#

Huntington Beach