Chapter 32

(AN: The photo above is the photo that Amanda is looking at.)

Two months later (June)

Amanda

Amanda was sitting on her bed and she was looking at the photo she was holding of Duff and her. Everything seemed perfect in the photo. They were in a relationship. Duff brought her out of her shell. She wasn't the timid and shy girl that she used to be. They loved each other. How could I have been so blind to Duff's drug use, Amanda thought while she was looking at the photo. I have to talk to him about his drug use again. I can't just sit by and do nothing. Every problem has a solution, right? I refuse to give up.

I was by myself at the apartment today. Duff and Slash were scheduled to have an interview this afternoon.

I got up from the bed and I found a photo album that was left on the kitchen counter. I wonder what it's doing there. I guess Duff must have been adding photos again. Since we moved in together, he said he wanted us to have our own photo album, so we can capture our memories in it. I have never really looked at it before, so I sat down on the chair beside the kitchen counter and I started looking through it. I needed something to do to take my mind off Duff's drug use. I have been so stressed out since our last confrontation. I opened the album and I looked at the photo that was on the first page. It was a photo of Duff when he was a teen. He was playing drums.

It was a nice photo of him

It was a nice photo of him. His hairstyle was different. I couldn't believe that was how he used to look before we met. He told me that he started letting his hair grow longer when he was around 19.

I flipped to another page of the photo album. It was of the two of us.

We look so happy in that photo

We look so happy in that photo. That photo was taken when Stephanie and I went with the band the day they were shooting the video Patience. That was a nice day. Duff was telling me a funny joke and Slash took the photo of us at that moment. I couldn't stop laughing at Duff's joke. That photo made me smile. Everything seemed so great between us. How could I not notice Duff's drug habits back then? Why couldn't I have been more observant? I feel so terrible right now. I guess I'm really naive.

I couldn't look at this photo anymore. I flipped to another page. I stopped at another photo of Duff.

 I stopped at another photo of Duff