36; a little tongue-tied

Start from the beginning

Ben sighed, hitting it back with as much effort as I did. I'm sure he felt a little disappointed about me not getting to the stage where I can happily play a bunch of sports like I once did, and I'm also sure he might feel a little dejected from me acting like this when he's clearly making time just for me to do this.

I did really, genuinely appreciate the effort, but I really can't force myself to become interested in something I clearly find completely and totally boring.

Lo and behold, Ben moved around the net, and walked up to us. The three of us huddled together, and Ben scratched his head, darting his eyes to me. "We could leave, if that's what you want."

I shrugged, "I'm sorry, usually I would actually try and put some effort in for your sake, but this week hasn't been great."

"No worries." He placed a hand on my shoulder, "are you up for ice-cream?"

I smirked. "Always."

"Alright, well let's go home first and freshen up."

"Sure." I smiled, turning to Wyatt, who was quietly stood near us, darting his eyes back and forth between us throughout the conversation. "Is that good with you?"

"Anything to get me out of playing badminton is good with me." he snickered.

I chuckled, and downed almost half of my water bottle in one gulp. Ben had been making sure I drink enough water each day, and although it got annoying sometimes with his constant questions like 'have you taken your pill?' and 'did you finish your meal?' nearly every day, I knew it was coming from the heart, and I should just respect that, I guess.

The three of us picked up our things and made our way out of the leisure centre. Ben got into the driver's seat of his car, while I sat passenger and Wyatt slumped in his seat in the back. He pulled out his phone, and started texting away like no tomorrow. It was probably his girlfriend, who decided to check out the shopping centre for the day.

Ben pulled up in my driveway, and I hopped out, darting for the shower straight away. Ben slammed his door shut behind me, following my footsteps in sprints. He was right on my heels as I dashed up the stairs, because of course, opening the door took up some time.

"Oh no you don't!" He said playfully. "You did barely any exercise, you don't even need a shower."

"Your mums." I laughed. Especially at the fact I could use the plural of that term.

"What the-" I heard Casey as she stepped out her room. obviously it was the elephant footsteps rushing up the stairs that disturbed her.

I threw all my stuff on the floor in the middle of the hallway and made a beeline for the bathroom, but I was too slow because Ben was able to stop me from closing the door by shoving his foot in the doorway.

"Unless you want to lose a foot, you should move that."

"Shut up." he retorted, managing to open the door. I jumped back to avoid getting hit in the face, and Ben slammed shut the door behind him. He starting stripping, pulling off his t-shirt over his head. His back muscles rippled and I almost fell into a dreamy-like state. Every time he did this, he knew I would be left in awe like some thirsty fangirl. To be honest, I wouldn't even deny being one.

"Well, I'm going to shower, so leave." He said as he pulled down his jogging bottoms. Finally, pulling down his boxers with no shame whatsoever, he stood all high and mighty in front of me. I felt my heart skip a beat at the fact he was just stood butt naked right in front of me.

He took a couple long strides to the bathtub, and balled up the shower curtain in his fists, closing it shut once he stepped inside. I heard the overheard shower turn on, but it felt far away. Damn it, I was so pathetic. I need to control myself.