13) Running

Sparky POV

The hot sun beat down my back, and sweat dropped down my face, and I started my eighth lap. I tried to read or watch some tv to get my mind off things but I felt this tingling urge to move around, so I decided I might as well run around the neighborhood for a while.

I tell myself I'm not only relieving stress and whatever but I'm also training for track and field. I guess.

In my old school I used to train for cross country running, long jump and high jump, and I've won tons of medals and awards but I can't remember ever running constantly like this.

Coach Merida would be proud if I had ran like this during practice.

'Talk Dirty To Me' by Jason Derulo started blasting through my earphones, and I moved my lips in synch to the lyrics, glad to move my mind to other things. Kevin's message remained unanswered in my phone, practically burning through my running phone folder.

It's not like Kevin knows. I was just reluctant to answer. As evil for me to say, Kevin suddenly wasn't as important, now that me and Aleks are a thing... kind of.

"...I don't understand," the song ended, and as the beginning notes to Arctic Monkeys' Knee Socks started playing, I realized I was already a little more than halfway through my lap.

From the corner of my eye, I saw the dark bushes leading to a little park next to a forest in which me and Aleks kissed. I walked in there thinking it was a shortcut back home, who would've thought...

/home/

A Cadbury chocolate bar sat between my teeth, and I unwrapped the towel on my head. I grabbed my wooden brush and started furiously brushing my hair, wincing when I pulled too hard at a tangle. I forgot my detangler, this is what I get.

I glanced at the round window, wondering if Aleks was home. Should I call and find out? I rested my knees on the window sill, might as well find out another way.

I opened the window and called out his name a few times. After a few seconds of silence, I felt really awkward. If someone were to see this... it would be difficult to explain why I'm string out my open window absently calling someone' name.

Defeated, I retreated to my bed and decided to just text him anyway.

>>hey. I'm bored.

After a few minutes of no response, I grew frustrated. Why isn't he answering? Has he decided to go against the idea and break up with me?

Tears stung my eyes. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions too quickly.

I opened Kevin's text, finally working up the courage to reply

Hey babe, fell asleep thinking about you ;)

-S

/lol/

Guys I really don't know how to move on without destroying every character.

I promise I'll try to get a new chapter up as soon as possible!!