8.5) Aleks

8.5) bonus chapter

Aleks POV (whaaaaaaaaat???)

(A/N: btw everyone in my story is 16-17 and this is about Aleks before Sparky, like, appeared in his life... if that makes sense...)

2 years ago

"Babe..."

"No! You keep saying you'll change and you'll love me, but clearly you DON'T!!"

"Wait, no!"

SLAM!!

Tears streaked down my cheeks steadily, and my ears were burning red. I knew my hair was messy and my clothes were probably wrinkly and damp and had some stains but all I could think was, WHY??

Tiffany Kudrikow. She was only a year younger than me, and we met at one of my dad's party thingies with his colleagues. She was the most popular girl in seventh grade, and she was just perfect. She had long shaggy layered orange hair, really really pale skin and these wide greenish bluish eyes and I knew I had to get to know her the moment I laid my eyes on her.

We chatted for a while, getting to know each other, as sharing interests. With each passing second, I felt her leaning closer and closer towards me, her breath hot a giant my cheeks. Just before she was about to leave, she planted a sloppy kiss on my lips, and then quickly ran off, looking almost humiliated an scared.

After a few days, I decided to text to her and blah blah we became boyfriend girlfriend.

My best friend, Eddie, always give me wiggly eyebrows whenever he saw me texting, and would flip his hair to imitate Tiffany. Usually I would just slap his arm lightly and give him a mean glare.

It was great for a while. For the first few weeks, we went on countless dates, sipping frappuccino say Starbucks, ordering spaghetti from Feast, the diner in our neighborhood, and texting each other with our Sidekicks (A/N: am I the only who thought I was the baddest bitch ever when I got one of those?? They were hella) and sharif inexperienced kisses behind our parents' backs.

And then it all changed. This new family, the McFarlanes, moved in next to Tiffany, name Kevin. Tiffany's mom was majorly into welcoming new neighbors, so she asked Tiffany to send the family a welcome basket. They got along okay, and as introduced me to Kevin, their son Kevin.

Turns out we had a lot in common so we ended up being close friends.

And then one day everything changed.

I don't know how, but soon our texts thinned down from daily texts of "omg algebra is soooo boring" to just one worded texts. Our dates were always postponed and we barely even saw each other.

Then this girl from a grade above me asked me out as her date to this prom and I said yes. And then Tiffany found out and then here we come, she broke up with me blah blah.

"Dude you need to get out of the house."

"Fuck off."

"Aleks."

"Fuck off."

"ALEKS!!"

I twirled around, my hand slapping Kevin's arm accidentally - I tried to ignore his flinch - and started crying maniacally.

"I SAID FUCK OFF DAMNIT KEVIN."

He sat next to me on my bed for a moment, probably too stunned to do anything. Thick, salty tears ran down my cheeks and my back was slumped. My bare feet were cold but I couldn't find my socks. Kevin just kept staring.

Eventually, he shrugged and got up, leaving.

"You need to get out, dude. I'm serious."

"Fuck off."