8) Official

I couldn't help the excited squeal that escaped my lips the moment I arrived at the safety of my bedroom. Gently, I touched my lips with the tipss of my fingers, the feel of Kevin's lips pressed against my own still lingering. I thew my backpack on the floor (ignoring the homework I was sure to complete Sunday night) and started my excited dance about my room.

After tripping over my rainbow bean bag chairs and fluffy carpet several times, I decided to give the dancing a break.

"I'm going to guess you're in a happy mood?"

The blood drained from my body upon hearing his voice, and returned to paint my face a deep shade of red when I soun around sharply on my heels to see him leaning lazily against his windows. A smirk was displayed across his face, his eyebrows raised amusingly. His brown eyes searched through the windows to meet mine, causing my blush to deepen.

"Uhm... well I wouldn't be the smartest person to say I wasn't happy,  right?"

Aleks allowed a laugh to escape his mouth, and I tried to ignore the continuous number of butterflies fluttering across my stomach. I perched myself on the window sill, carpeted by a thick sheep fur rug. I ran my fingers absnetly through the thick white wool, and pushed my window open slightly with my other hand, so I could speak to Aleks easier.

"So, Kevin said he knows about our window bonding?"

Aleks laughed lightly again at my name for our more than often chats through our bedroom windows. He sluggishly shrugged, his lips curving downward in a mock frown, "the guy was wondering what I do at home."

I nodded, my humiliation in finding out Kevin knew about... this, still fresh in my mind. He didn't seem to mind, though, convinced it was innocent friend-to-friend chatting. I mean, it was, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it more than I should be. Shaking my head to banish my thoughts from burying deeper, I turned my attention back to Aleks, digging desperately for an inconspicuous answer.

"He seems like a great friend."

"He's an even better boyfriend."

I allowed my shock to show on my face for half a second (half a second too much because Aleks saw it anyway and raised his own eyebrows mockingly) before letting a witty comeback roll off my tongue easily.

"How would you know, he your boyfriend?"

I laughed not-so easily at my own joke, and laughed some more when Aleks smirked, replying "you never know what he's into". And then Aleks said something that shocked me even further.

"But, no, he's got you to prove otherwise."

I nearly choked on my throat. "Excuse me?" His smirk deepened, his thin lips splayed playfully across his face, "don't tell me he hasn't pulled a move on you yet besides ask you on that date?"

My face grew red once more, and I crossed my arms around my knees, and rested my right cheek against my knees. "Well...."

If even possible, Aleks' smirk grew impossibly, and he stared at me slyly.

"No way. What'd he do?"

I rolled my eyes and huffed, "you're beginning to sound creepily just like my friends. jeez"

His eyes were still staring back at mine with a bored expression, silently pressing me to contiue, and I huffed further, hesitant to answer. "Well? He, uhm, kissed me....."

Aleks, surprisingly, didn't look shocked in any way upon hearing such news, and I felt slightly irritated by his reactions. I tried not to think about why his reaction bothered me so much.

"The guy finally did it!"

He threw his pale arms in the air and sloppily waved them about, pretending to celebrate over his friend's victory. I giggled lightly. While Aleks seemed so cold and emtionless, he actually cared a lot for things like his friends, his parents and pet tarantula. Yep. Tarantula.

I was kind of freaked out at first when he pushed the cage flat against the glass, Hank, his tarantula wiggling around in the large glass cage. I freaked out even more when he lifted off the lid and reached in to grab the eight legged creature with his bare hands, seemingly unfazed by how scary it looked. I slammed my window shut and locked the safety when he threatened to throw Hank over our windows and into my bedroom.

And then eventually I got over my fear of the thing by reminding myself it was the same species as the powers of my favorite super hero, Spider-Man. I still closed my windows carefully whenever Aleks brought Hank along to our chats, and refused to have him bring it any closer than inside the cage.

O-O-O-O-O

After a warm shower and quick homework doing session (I decided against doing it on Sunday night) I flopped onto my bed, pulling off the wrapper to my snicker bar, and switching on my kindle. I clicked onto the story I was currently reading, 'The Fault in Our Stars' and began scrolling through the pages. Joanna had recommended it to me yesterday, and after reading through a few comments and reviews, had it downloaded into my kindle. And now it's my favorite book.

I stared at my window, the round one I used to talk through to Aleks. He was busy doing who-knows-what and I felt like I would be pushy and needy if I asked to chat now. A desperate, longing feeling crept up from the pit of my stomach and up my throat, and I tried to swallow it down along with a huge bite from my chocolate bar. The sweet taste glided down my throat easily, but the weird feeling of need to have some kind of visible and/or physical contact with Aleks was still lurking, making me feel guilty. 

The worst part was that i don't even know why I felt guilty. I looked back down at my tablet, trying to concentrate on my reading. The words jumbled about in my head without meaning, and I turned off my kindle exasperatingly and threw the empty chocolate wrapper into my rubbish bin.

I need to stop feeling so weird around Aleks.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Hello Lovelies! I hoped you all enjoyed your Christmas as much as I did.

This chapter hasn't been proof-read so there may be tons of typos and please ignore my lack of italics and bold... anyways, I wrote this in a rush and I know it's a filler chapter BUT HOPE YOU LIKE IT ANYWAY. Maybe in the future when I feel like it or am bothered, I'll fix it.

So I know this is random, but do you guys think you could check out my tumblr? If you like you can ask me questions, send fic recs (which I really will try to do), or anything really. I don't really reblog fandom stuff so you'll mostly see random stuff that i think is funny or deserves to be reblogged. Anyway, the link to my tumblr is on my bio, or just type in:

waiting-for-lasting-love.tumblr.com

and click enter ;)))

Hope you enjoyed this chapter guys and lets all hope and pray that 2014 is going to make up for how shitty 2013 felt!!