Chapter 11: New Staff! :D

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Dina!" Everyone at the table looked up at Honest. "And assorted fan characters."

Manic brought out a notepad and a pen out of nowhere. "What do you want?"

One of the characters, an orange and blue hedgehog that looked awfully like Sonic, thought for a second. "I just want a bagel with cream cheese and a grape juice."

"O-" Manic began to write but was stopped by Honest. "We don't have grape juice!"

"Well, can I have mango?" "No." "Pomegranate?" "No." "What about orange?"

"We have apple juice!" Honest exclaimed. Of course they had apple juice. Honest loved apple juice. She drank it all the time. "Hm.. okay." Manic jotted that down.

Dina spoke next. "What kind of pies do you have already made?"

Honest pointed to a display shelf near where Rouge was speaking with a customer.

"It looks like apple- maybe peach- and some sort of cream pie," she reported.

"Oh, well then I will have a slice of the apple-maybe-peach pie and coffee," Dina said.

Manic wrote that down as well. The last of them, a grey and white cat, ordered as well, and Manic ran to the pass-through, sticking the sticky note onto the top of the counter. Amy saw it and took it, disappearing. Manic walked back to Honest. "Now what?"

"To the next table!" Honest pushed the green hedgehog across the room, dust flying up from where his shoes met the tile floor. Shadow followed them silently.

"Wait," Honest said suddenly, putting an arm up to prevent Manic from walking any further. "Is that-" She pointed to an orange-red... Bubsy creature sitting at the table they were walking to. "Sega's Custom Character??"

Sure enough, sitting at one of the tables was CC. "Why is he even a character??"

Shadow laughed. "It actually is him! I mean- he is a character, just.. not an important one."

"Are you kidding? He," Honest leaned to his ear. "He isn't even real!!"

"But he's sitting right over there," he replied, pointing.

"What are you two talking about?" Manic asked, butting in.

"N-Nothing! Nothing at all! Let's go take this table's orders.." Honest steered him towards Sonic's table where he sat with Amy across from him.

"But I thought we were going to go to that table..?" he said, taking a step in the direction of the Custom Character's table.

"B-But-" Manic turned Honest around and took her to CC's table. Shadow followed, though reluctantly.

Blaze was happily dozing off in a chair near the counter. New maids meant more opportunities to sleep soundly knowing that no one job was left unfilled. And so sleep she did. Rosey was there as well that day. While Manic, Honest, and Shadow darted around taking orders, she made sure Amy and Key were getting the orders made.

Honey was no longer the sole employee at the cash register. Rouge had nearly begged Sticks to work for her, but there were two things she didn't agree with. One was the fact that she would be required to wear a uniform which made fighting virtually impossible, and the other was that she would have to work with a "robot", the cash register. Every time Sticks went to go pay for her meal, she would be watching the mechanical money-storer instead of Honey to make sure it didn't try to attack her. It never did, but that would never convince Sticks that it wouldn't in the future. Any chance she could get to stay away from the cash register, she would take.

Instead, in her place, stood Snow. She was okay with working there just as long as she got to wear a cute uniform. Honey made sure it was definitely that. It had bunny ears hanging off of it everywhere, an extra-long bow in the back with stray ribbons that almost touched the ground, and it was purple and white to match Snow's eyes and ears. She was happy with it, so now she was the last person you would see upon leaving the cafe every afternoon.

"Blah, blah, blah, blah, shorto keki," Honest sang, leaving the kitchen with a giant, strawberry cake in her arms. "Blah, blah, blah, pudding!" She dropped the humongous dessert onto Sonic's and Amy's table. "Take as much as you want. Here's a knife."

Honest fished a butter knife out of her apron and passed it to Sonic.

"Thanks, but- do we really have to cut the cake ourselves?" Sonic asked.

"Yup! Sorry. We have a lot of orders right now," Honest replied, running across the room towards the kitchen. Sonic and Amy looked around the cake at each other.

---

Kind of an abrupt end, but I wanted to get a chapter of this published along with the eight chapters of {w/Snow} and the chapter of {Limited Edition}. Please vote for this chapter if you enjoyed it! Check out my other stories and add this story to your library and reading lists! :33