Chapter 3: Much to Shadow's Dismay

This chapter is adequately sized and full of Shadow's POV and *cough* another character... Anyways, I hope you enjoy and remember to vote for this story if you do. It would mean a whole lot to me! <3

---

"Aww, yeah! The King is back, baby!" a green hedgehog with an over-the-top, leather jacket and flashy, red sunglasses exclaimed, throwing the front door open.

He looked around and found Honest and Shadow on the couch, watching old episodes of Sonic Boom because season 2 STILL ISN'T OUT YET.

Suddenly Honest's face lit up and she dashed over, pulling Scourge into an overly dramatic hug. "OMG, I'm so sorry for abandoning yoooouuuu!"

Scourge looked around nervously and blushed. "Uh,y-yeah, um..." Scourge whispered in Honest's ear. "Stripes-?"

Honest got what he was putting across, but she wasn't ready to let go yet. "But the last time I talked to you was in that alternate timeline I wrote about a year ago!"

Scourge looked confused. Suddenly his face changed and he pushed her away before anouncing, "I just wanted to let you know I'm back. Now I'll be off to tell Fiona the same thing. And also-" Scourge reached for the doorknob, turning to Honest. "Fiona's back as well." And then he just slammed the door and disappeared. Honest shrugged and went back to watching old episodes of season 1 with Shadow.

---

It was 11:20 PM on June 17th and Honest was busily playing Skyrim when Shadow knocked on her door. "Helloooo...?" He whispered quietly.

Honest went to go open the door. Her face twisted into a puzzled frown when she saw Shadow standing at her door with tired eyes. "If you're going to play without headphones, at least play with the volume down. I can hear you "fus ro dah"-ing from across the hallway."

"Sorry!" Honest spoke, blushing.

"Y-Yeah, um, also..." Shadow scratched his head. "Since we don't work until 3 in the afternoon, do you think you, Sonic, and I can get chili dogs for lunch at 1?"

"Of course!" Honest said immediately after he had finished talking. Lunch with him and Sonic would make her day. Honest's smile didn't fade as she looked at her feet. "Let's just hope Sonic doesn't follow us to the café." Then she looked up, "Beam...!"

Shadow narrowed his eyes at her. "Uh, yeah. Just- meet me there if you're not walking with us." He then proceeded to shut the door and stomp deliberately down the hallway to his room.

Honest then beamed a third time, but this time it was to herself as she turned Skyrim off and went to bed. She would need all the energy in the world to keep from falling asleep during lunch. That, would ruin her day.

---

The next day, Honest was completely missing. She didn't come down for breakfast that morning, nor did she show up when Sonic accidently stepped on a jingly object. In fact, now that Shadow thought about it, even Sonic had gone missing.

Before Shadow knew it, it was 1 o'clock. But still no one. Shadow sighed to himself. "No one to walk with me? Well, then. I'll have to walk there alone, I suppose."

When he rounded a corner and came within view of the chili dog stand, he saw three figures sitting at stools. One was blue, one blond, and one-- green?

"Hey!" Shadow shouted. "Sonic, Honest! Who is-" suddenly the green moebian sitting between them stood up and was instantly in Shadow's face.

"Hi there, Stripes!" Scourge said, looking somewhat pleased to see him.

"B-B-Wha?"

Honest and Sonic walked over. "We decided to show up early," Honest said.

Sonic laughed. "And when we showed up, Scourge was here so we thought we'd talk."

Shadow turned towards Honest. "But you were gone all day, weren't you? Where were you?"

Honest put her hands behind her back. "Well, I took Akane on a walk!"

Shadow still looked confused. "Your walk took 6 hours?"

"Well, you see, while we were walking we came across-"

"I'd rather not know," Shadow said, stopping her. "Let's just eat our lunch and leave for the café."

When Shadow reached a stool and proceded to take a seat, Scourge sat beside him. "Without him."

Scourge left quietly as both Honest and Sonic took their places beside Shadow.

---

An hour passed with nothing put mindless chit-chat being exchanged by the cat and the two hedgehogs. When both Shadow and Honest were done eating, Shadow stood up. "We're off to work at the café. Be seeing you," Shadow announced. He then opened his eyes and squinted at Sonic. "Please don't follow us."

They had maybe gone two steps before whoosh Sonic was in front of them. "What did you say, Faker? I couldn't hear you over the sound of me following you."

Shadow took a deep breath and grabbed ahold of Honest's wrist as he whizzed right through Sonic, Honest's legs a blur as she tried desperately to match his pace.

---

And that's it! And Happy Birthday to Sonic. As of the 23rd, he is 25 years old after all. Remember to vote, and the next chapter will be full of Summertime goodness such as, I don't know, Sonic and friends on the beach?