Chapter 11: New Staff! :D

It was kind of cold on the afternoon of September 7th, 2017. Honest and Shadow were walking to the cafe. They planned to get to the cafe and get changed before waiting for the new maids who would be arriving.

When they got there, Sonic was sitting at one of the tables, asleep. When the bell above the door jingled, Sonic lifted his head. "About time you guys got here. I'm starving!" Shadow just narrowed his eyes at him and disappeared into the back room.

"No one's even here to make your food right now, so just hold on," Honest told him. She struggled to open the door, but Shadow opened it and she thanked him before disappearing inside as well. Sonic put his feet up on the table when no one was there to witness him.

Shadow and Honest barely had any time to get ready when a herd of customers and maids came through the front doors. You see, the cafe was where most students headed as soon as school let up. What the cafe offered for consumption was a million times more edible than what the school cafeteria offered them.

One of the new maids was a lost-looking, green pineapple with crazy, sticky-uppy hair.

"Hey, Manic! Welcome to the cafe!" Honest exclaimed when she saw him by the front door. When everybody else stormed in, he stayed behind. Shadow followed Honest to go see him.

"H-Hey, Honest. Hey, Stripes-"

"That's Scourge's thing. Just call me by my real name," Shadow said, interrupting him.

Honest giggled at Shadow's being overly concerned about nicknames. Manic was pretty shy and awkward when he wasn't around his brother or sister, Sonic and Sonia. It wasn't... strange more than it was just a fact.

"Here," Honest said, opening the door beside them that led to the back room. "Your uniform should be in one of the closets. I'll help you find it and get changed."

"Thanks," he said in response. He followed Honest into the room. When the door closed behind them, Shadow stood there.

"So... I'm not a part of that?" Shadow was confused why Honest didn't let him come, too. Shadow looked around. They had lots of new waiters... wait. Were they called waiters or waitresses? They were a mixture of guys and girls, but they all wore dresses, so... @.@ Uh, anyway, yeah. There were a lot of new maids there to wait on tables, so Shadow thought that him and Honest were going to show them where to go, but she left him out there. Maybe he should wait? He did.

Eventually Honest emerged with Manic in tow. He was now in a pink dress and apron much like Shadow's own. He still wore his red and white sneakers, though. Honey never thought to design shoes for them.

"You're a waitress, right?" Oh, so that's what they called them.

"We call him a waitress?" he asked to be sure.

"Yeah," Honest confirmed. "It's technically cross-dressing. He is dressing as a waitress, therefore we call him what he is dressed as. Like calling a trick-or-treater a skeleton because they're dressed as one."

"We do that? Hm.." Shadow just stared at the ceiling tiles in wonder. "I am," Manic answered.

"Alright then! Just follow what we do, I guess." Honest went to a table with a couple of fan characters plus an extremely uncomfortable-looking Dina.

Dina was possibly one of the newest fan characters made by the Author. She was a white hedgehog with pink-tipped white hair and pink eyes. She wore blue and green clothes and wore boots similar to Silver's, but blue and white. Honest couldn't really make an accurate guess about her personality yet, seeing as though she had only been drawn a few times, but she didn't seem mean.