Chapter 1: What Happens in the Rain

All the feels in this first chapter... not really.

---

Shadow found Honest by the big, rectangular window in the main room, her face pressed against the glass. It was raining outside the window.

"Honest! You're worse than me, now! What are you doing looking all dreary on a rainy day?"

Honest didn't answer. He sighed and began to tug her back to her room. "We've got to go to school, come on!"

She reached towards the window. "But it's raining, and-"

"Why do you have to be so pitiful all the time? It's usually you dragging me..." he muttered, still pulling.

When Honest emerged from her room in the clothing she wore everyday to school, Shadow was watching the weather. The meteorologist said, "The rain will only last until 10 am today. Then there will be sunny skies, which will continue for the next three days..."

This time it was Honest pulling him out the door and towards the school. At this rate, they'd be late for school, so Shadow pressed a button on the side of his shoes and led Honest on a speedy course towards the school. And, 9 or so hours later, Shadow and Honest flew out of the school even quicker towards the café.

Once at the café, Honest soon realized that they got there a little too early. "Well, I guess not everybody exits school with a rocket-propelled hedgehog, so that's to be expected," she told Shadow before dragging him into the back room to get changed into their uniforms.

People, staff and customers alike, started showing up as they were gone and, when they emerged several minutes later, Rouge and Honey immediately started pushing them around. After creating all of the uniforms, Honey fell in love with the designs and made one for herself, somehow making Rouge have to hire her. It's not like she was doing it for money, so that was one less person she would have to pay for working. Good for her.

Shadow was slipping up every now and again, and he said it was because he had a never ending fear that Sonic would show up and win some little right to have him alone like the other day.

Honest, however, was completely carefree as she was busy running to the kitchen and back. It was obvious she was rushing so that Rouge would tell her she could stop so that she could pester Shadow, only putting him more on edge.

Suddenly, Honey caught Honest by her arm mid run. "Um, could you maybe help Akane...?" Honest turned around to see Akane struggling with a pile of dishes in her hands. Apparently Shadow had cleaned off two whole tables and absentmindedly gave all the dishes to Akane.

"I'm here, Akane! Let me just take a little off the top here..." Crash. In no time at all, Honest made her first mess on the job. Akane was on the floor, picking up pieces of a broken plate off the floor, tears in her eyes. Shadow turned around at the sudden noise and proceeded to stare Honest down until she decided to do something. Honest, of course, wasn't having it. "You work here, too! Quit standing there like an idiot and get a broom!!" Shadow couldn't help but choke back a laugh as he did what she said. Honest helped Akane up and picked up the pieces of broken glass. Good thing Sonic wasn't there to see this...

And none other than he walked through the door at that very moment. The two maids greeting people at the door got in the way as best they could, but he saw the mess anyway. "Wow, so professional of you." Shadow walked over with the broom and started sweeping up the crumbs of food. Honest went to the closet for a mop, and Akane sat in a chair, weeping. Sonic just grinned and told the other maids what he wanted to eat and drink.

"He didn't need to show up," Shadow said, sweeping away. "I bet he's not even hungry."

"Oh, I'm hungry alright," Sonic said, walking up behind Shadow. Shadow's ears fell down. "For my Shadow to give me my order."

"Oh grow up, faker! I'll get it for you, but not because you told me to!" Shadow said, keeping his head down as he stomped off to the kitchen.

Honest came out with a mop and a bucket, and stooped to clean up the tea and water that was spilled at Sonic's feet. He didn't bug her about it! I hate to say it, but that faker. You know, Shadow is right to call him that, in so many ways.

A couple minutes later and Shadow had entered through the door to the kitchen with Sonic's order. Sonic stared him down, probably waiting for Shadow to trip. Honest eyed him suspiciously from behind the counter, afraid he might try to pull something as soon as she turned her back on him.

...

Today was Friday the 13th and everyone knows what that means. For Honest it meant that a particular floating hedge-zombie (I laughed after that) followed her around all day being particularly creepy. Honest had "had it" many times, but he would not stop. So, she quit trying and started tuning him out.

When she encountered her best-est friend, she made sure Mephiles wasn't floating close behind. And he was. Oh well. "Why hello, Shadow-kun!" she exclaimed, sitting beside him. He didn't seem to be paying attention to her, so she pulled out his earphones and yelled, "DON'T IGNORE ME!" This got his attention, as right away he tensed up and turned towards her, his eyes going wide. "What. Is. It?"

Honest smiled to herself and held his hands. "Will you please help me to write my next fan fiction?" Shadow raised an eyebrow like he always likes to do (it's also extremely cute) and turned back to his computer. In a few clicks he had a picture pulled up off Honest's DeviantArt page. "Remember this picture you drew for Sonic, but he refused?" It was a picture that Honest hadn't seen in awhile. It was the one of Sonic offering Shadow an earbud and him saying, "Faker."

"Oh, yeah. That one. What about it? I'm about to add on to it and have a page filled with examples of Sonic being a faker."

Shadow hesitated before saying in a low voice, "Can you put this in your story?"

"Of course I can! Oh my gosh, you should have asked me a long time ago!" Honest turned back to her computer screen and got to work on her fan fiction.

...

Honest and Shadow walked from school that afternoon, but, instead of going straight to the café, they were stopped by Sonic at the school's front gate.

"Good afternoon, Shadow," Sonic said, smiling.

"Um, and Honest," Shadow said angrily, feeling as if Sonic was just picking on him. Which he was, I might add.

"Are you guys heading to the café?" Sonic asked, his smile not fading.

Shadow crossed his arms. "Maybe."

Sonic laughed. "Of course you are. Don't lie." Shadow and Honest started walking again, walking right past him. They thought they had lost him, until they got to the café.

"Hello," Sonic said. He was leaning against the doors, not letting them inside. Shadow looked ticked like usual whenever Sonic was being a faker. "What do you want, hedgehog?" he spat. Honest looked as if she was going to punch Sonic in the mouth, but she kept her temper.

Sonic didn't have the money for a real mp3 player, so he had his earphones connected to his 3DS. He sighed and moved to the right. "What I want I can order from you later," he said.

Honest pushed past Sonic and into the building. Shadow walked behind her, and when he met Sonic at the door, Sonic offered him an earbud. "It's your theme song."

"Which one?" Shadow asked, not really caring. Sonic said, "All Hail Shadow"

"Faker," is all he said as he followed Honest into the café.

...

"There you go!" Honest said, pressing enter for the last time. It was almost time for school to dismiss.

Shadow quietly read it to himself. "Why do you always have to make me sound like a geek?"

Honest laughed. "You make yourself sound like a geek."

---

That was the end of chapter 1! It probably took a week or so of study halls to type this jumble of short stories, but it was definitely worth it. See you in the next chapter! ♡