On the way

Hi there, dear readers! Here's another chapter and I really hope you'll leave a vote and maybe a comment on this chapter! :)
Remember: any kind of feedback is more than important here! :)
Enjoy this chapter! ;)
********

After a half an hour later we found us in the car on the highway, slowly passing by other cars on their way to anywhere they needed to drive.

Ed was quietly sitting on the seat next to me and playing some stupid game on his smartphone.

What was really weird to me is why isn't Cherry hitting on him with messages and calls...

I was quiet too and this time not because Ed pissed me off, just because my courage was slowly falling appart and with every mile we drove I was getting more and more stressed and scarred by what am I doing.

The car radio was quietly playing some slow sad music in the backround and if I wasn't so lost in my past I'd turn it off cause that's never good to listen to sad music in the mood like this.
But unfortunately I didn't have the power to turn it off, instead of it I slowly let myself drag into another childhood memory..

It's here the first day of school and dad is surprisingly kind the last few days as if he really changed for us as he used to say our mum anytime he's sober.
He drove us to school and then left with a smile on his face.
I was so happy because of it, in my 7 years I couldn't imagine anything else but that dad has finay changed to good.

"Do you think daddy will be still so good when we'll arrive home?" I asked Matt, looking up to see his face.
But he wasn't smiling, he took a long look at my face, probably wondering whether or not to tell me the ugly truth.

"Let's go. We need to find you the best place in your class." He said then with a fake smile on his face as he grabbed me around my tiny shoulders, pulling me to the school building.

***

The school day was unexpectedly quick and passed by sooner than I could even think about it and when our teacher Mrs. Pier let us go I let myself flow with the crowd of my classmates out of our class.

"Closhy!" I heard the amazing a bit cracked voice of Matt and it was like a symphony for my ears.
I turned around and saw him.
He was leaned against the school locker an up-to-no-good smile playing on his lips as he crossed his arms on his chest.

"Matt!" I screamed with my high voice running through the crowd to him, he caught me and raised me on his arms as if I wasn't heavier than a leaf.

"Let's go to grandma's. How was your first day at school?" Matt asked me with the same husky smile as always, carrying me on his arms out of the school building.

During our journey to grandma's and back to the bus station I had talked about every little detail about my first day at school, Matt was walking next to me and actually seemed interested in what was I saying.

"I'd love to buy an ice cream." I sighed suddenly when we were passing by Ice cream shop.

"We don't have money." Matt answered to me and grabbed my tiny little hand.

"We have money! Granny gave us some money!" I said honestly with a courage of little child.

Matt took a long look at me, guess he was wondering why am I like this.
Thenhe just sighed as he pulled out of pocket of his denim jeans his wallet.
We entered the ice cream shop.

"Choose whatever ice cream you wanna." He smiled at me.

"Really?" I asked, absolute surprise striked my body.
This never happened before.
And of course I went for the yummiest and expensive one, I was a child so don't mind me..