Chapter 3: Doubts

(Adam on top)

Rosaline Pov

The knock on the door saved me. Adam, my boyfriend came to find me. We have been together for 3 long years now, and I had always hope he would propose one day. But alas I was still waiting.

I picked my things and made my way to Adam, only glancing at my boss to realise that he was glaring at Adam.  I waved at him before closing the door and making my way to the elevator. Once downstairs, we made our way to the small cafe near his office. I ordered croissants while he ordered a tiramisu. 

Nothing was the same now, we had become distant over time and now the only thing I dreamt was breaking up. We had been in an impasse for months now and he would sometime go somewhere for weeks and then returning like nothing happened without telling me anything.

I think that he was cheating behind my back but I had no evidence except for my mom who told me that her friend gossiped to her that she had seeing him with another girl in Tennessee while he was supposed to be "busy working". I wanted him to be out of my life. 

"Baby, what got you daydreaming? Is something/someone annoying you?" he asked.

"No, I just remember I have forgotten something important in my office. Bye." I added quickly before walking faster to my workplace. I think that I will do some overtime.

Sam, the secretary was surprised to see me back. "What happened? did something went  wrong."

"No!" I replied pushing past her to my office. 

The boss was still here. He was in his office when I entered my office and locked the door behind me. 

My phone was on the office. It was on some papers that I had not yet finished. I sat down and started to fill them in. Time was ticking by, when I noticed that it was 9 p.m.

A knock was heard. I opened it and I was surprised to see him holding a plate in his hand.

"It's late and you haven't eaten, yet?" his sexy voice informed me. 

"Thanks." I replied in a groggy voice, realizing that my throat was dried. 

He came in with his plate too, after I locked the door. We ate in complete silence before my ringtone broke it up. 

"Babe where are you? Are you doing overtime or what?" Adam's name appeared on the screen.

I shut it off. 

"Vladimir!" boss interrupted me.

What? 

"Vladimir, my name is Vladimir."

OK.

"Are you going back to your place, or are you staying here."

My place.

"Come I am going to drive it, too late to catch a cab you know?" he smirked at me.

I nodded.