Chapter 15

Kihyun sped down the road, partially in daze. Hyunwoo's plane crashed. His grip around the steering wheel tightened until his knuckles turned white.

He swerved, narrowly avoiding the street lamp. Fuck, that was close. All he wanted to do now was go to the airport and get to the bottom of the situation.

He can't be dead, can he?

Kihyun ignored the red light and sped right through it. All he had in mind now was Hyunwoo. He was literally breathing the same air as me a few days ago.

And now, he could be lying undiscovered on the ocean floor, or he could be lying in a morgue, waiting for his family to claim his body.

Kihyun's head began hurting. Remorse washed over him. If I had known he'd meet this fate, I might have not been so abysmally stupid. He drove into the airport car park.

He got out of his Ferrari and yanked the sleeves of his shirt down before taking the elevator to the main floor.

There was already a large crowd at the service counter. There were families crying, holding onto each other for support. Kihyun had seen Hyunwoo's parents before, so he peered at all the faces around him.

God, there are so many people. All of them just lost someone they loved dearly. His heart ached when he saw an elderly woman sobbing uncontrollably while clutching the photo of her daughter close to her heart.

He filed through the crowd and arrived at the front of the counter. “Name, please.” Kihyun watched on as a family rattled off the names of three of their members.

Fuck, that's so sad.

He looked around, hoping to see Hyunwoo's parents somewhere. I wonder if his parents even know of this. He pulled out of his phone and dialed Minkyun's number while squeezing out of the crowd.

“Hello? I need you to do something for me. Find me Hyunwoo's address. I expect it in 10 minutes.”

Kihyun shoved his hands into his pockets and began pacing around the airport. He ignored the strange stares from the people around him. Do I really look that scary? He wondered when a small kid ran away in the opposite direction after seeing him.

He rubbed the back of his neck. What's taking Minkyun so long? He was about to call Minkyun and issue him a death threat when his phone buzzed

만안로 141 번 길, 14032”

Kihyun smiled. Good job, Minkyun, you're finally getting something right. He returned back to the car park where he looked for his car. He wasn't looking forward to breaking the news to Hyunwoo's parents, but it was his only option.

It's better than leaving them in the dark.

-