Chapter 1

Hyunwoo swung his bag over his shoulder I've been enjoying so much freedom these days. It had been 2 weeks since he broke the bracelet and flushed it down the toilet in China.

It surprised him that Kihyun had not shown any signs of a threat at all following the stunt he pulled. I don't know if I should be worried, but honestly, I don't feel any anxiety at all.

He walked into his parents' restaurant. He had taken the week off to help them manage their business. "Hey, mom!" He greeted with a broad smile.

"Hyunwoo-ah, how many times must I remind you; you should go and have a good rest on your off days! Leave us old people alone, we're doing fine." She held Hyunwoo's arm tenderly while gazing at her son fondly.

Hyunwoo hugged her gently. "I missed Papa and you, so I'm here to spend time with you!" His mother chuckled and patted him on the back. "Our Hyunwoo is the always the best," She praised him.

As Hyunwoo put on his apron, he noticed a familiar pink head at the back of the restaurant. Is that...Kihyun?

He frantically looked away, pretending he hadn't seen anything. If he doesn't know I've seen him, maybe he'll leave me alone.

Right at that precise moment, his phone buzzed. He fished it out of his back pocket and a sense of impending doom filled his heart.

"I know you saw me. Cut the act and come here."

He shoved his pocket into his back pocket. He wasn't going to be controlled by Kihyun, not anymore. He headed towards another customer and was about to take her order when his phone buzzed again.

"Defiance is a dangerous card to play, Hyunwoo. I'll count to 5."

Hyunwoo rolled his eyes and ignored the message. What's he gonna do? Blow up the restaurant? He proceeded to take her order when his phone vibrated again.

"5"

He deleted the message before putting it back into his pocket. Within a few seconds, it buzzed again.

And again.

"4"

"3"

...

"Time's up, Hyunwoo. You chose this yourself."

A loud crash from the kitchen sent Hyunwoo running. A piercing scream filled the restaurant. He flung the kitchen door open and saw his mom lying on the floor among a pile of broken plates, bleeding profusely from a wound in her arm.

"Mom! Are you alright?" He rushed forward and helped his mother sit up. "Hyunwoo-ah, my...arm..." She whispered, pointing to her arm.

Lodged deep in her upper arm was a black and gold dart, on which was the emblem of rose. Yoo Kihyun, you've gone too far this time. "Dad! Call the ambulance! I'll be right back!"

He sprinted out of the kitchen to where he last saw Kihyun sitting.

The seat was empty, and on the table was a white envelope with a red seal. He grabbed it in anger and ripped it open. A small piece of paper fluttered out.

His hands trembling in rage, he picked it up.

"Let's play a game, Hyunwoo. Meet you at Club White Rose tonight, 2300 hours."

-