"So did you barely get here from Italy Uncle Jace?" Annie asked putting her head on my shoulder.

"I got here yesterday night," he answered, "How was it living in Italy?" I asked taking a good luck at him, he was still the same as ever, same teasing smile, same brown hair, hazel eyes, pale skin, he was the same as he was 20 years ago when we used to be roommates.

"It was alright, I learned a couple of new things so that's something," he smirked as if it were a miracle, which probably was, to get Jace to learn something new was almost impossible! He was the laziest vampire ever!

"So you're alright?" Annie asked.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" he smiled.

Annie shrugged throwing him a smile, "Just making sure, I haven't seen you in two years! I have to make sure my favorite Uncle is alright," she grinned. I smiled at that, even if Jace was my best friend and wasn't Annie's or Andy's real uncle that what he was to them. Those two loved him just like one.

"You should worry about not getting gray hairs instead of worrying about me Annie," he teased making her roll her eyes and stick out her tongue at him.

"Hey don't mess with my baby girl," I interjected hugging Annie to me, "Don't worry baby you wont grow gray hairs for another month or so," I teased also chuckling.

"Oh wow, what great comfort!" she laughed.

Jace laughed also and sat up, "Hey where's devil number one? And Jade? Where are those two?" he asked turning around.

I stiffened a bit, "They both went to the market, to get Annie a little surprise" I said quickly putting on a fake smile for Annie. Jace saw at once my fake smile and he frowned slightly, "Oh really? How've they been? How's Jade?" he asked gently already knowing the problem was with her.

"She's been....great, the same as usual" I smiled sadly, truth was that today Jade was in a horrible mood, such a bad mood that I suggested her going out to shop to calm her down. The problem was that each year that Annie's or Andy's birthday came around she got slightly more panicked.

Panicked because our kids were growing up every day, aging one more year, moving forward while her and I, well we would be forever at 18.

Since yesterday night she told me she didn't feel well, and I could tell, she felt scared, uneasy, and just panicked. Because today Annie was turning 17, which meant one more year and then she would be our age, then a couple of more and she would be 19, then a couple of more years and she would be 25.

Totally surpassing our age in human years.

Both her and Andy would keep aging, moving forwards, that is if they didn't decide to be changed, while Jade and I? We would remain young forever.

It wasn't something that we were looking forwards to.

Jade couldn't stand talking about the topic, and I could either, we tried not to. It was just something so completely hard for us! 

It made Jade become more worried and it made her feel like she had to keep them in here in the house more which was something we didn't t want. We didn't want Andy and Annie to feel more trapped then they already were.

We always knew that's what we were doing, I have to go ahead and admit that that's what we've been doing these couple of years, trapping our kids in here with us just because we don't want to face the fact that they're growing up.

Just thinking about the fact that they were loosing time made me feel queasy!

I tried to hide it, to not let the fear show in my face, because if there was something I didn't want was to have Andy and Annie notice how worried we were becoming!