۶ Ruse and Starlight

( A/N: You can find the song, Noira will sing above: Nightwish - Élan)

Noira's POV

Freya did my hair into a very simple, but elegant style. A little part was braided on the sides, but the most of it was hanging freely on my back. With the millions of little glimmering jewels on my dress, for a short moment, I felt like, I was a queen. I smiled at her, saying a thank you.

'You are beautiful. Just like my mom' she said smiling. Suddenly, I did not know what to say. I nodded quickly, and turned back to the mirror.

'Well, introduce me to her once' I said, making a last checking on my outfit.

The maiden did not response, just hold my hand and led me across the halls. She was stepping proudly next to me, wearing her pretty white dress, and that little flower in her hair.

Meanwhile, nearing to the point, I had to meet the king again, I just tried to hide the brand new wave of anger. My greatest problem was still not what the king of the dwarves said, but the fact, that the king of the elves didn't deny it. What is more, there was not a single guard at my door. I was searching for that twenty dangerous ellons in armor, and found none. The king simply lied to me. Because why not?

'Excuse me' someone tore me out of my thought by crossing my way. It was a busy servant, holding big plates full of food in his hands. When we turned and reached the great door, the guards opened them to us, immediately. Freya looked out cautiously. I did the same, but couldn't see anything from that far.

'Could you help me with the dress?' I looked down at the girl aristocratically. She nodded quickly. 'Follow me then' I commanded and we entered the hidden garden. A living miracle got place on the little glade. The light wind brought the soft music of a harp and flute toward our unsuspecting ears.

'They sound from the soul, don't they?' asked Freya enchanted. I stayed speechless. Tall trees grew in a big circle around us, and their white boles seemed blue in the dim moonlight. All of the elven guests were wearing glimmering white, silver, or golden robes. I took a longer look at them. Most of them had silver hair, as Thranduil has, noble face, and they were taller, than the ones, I've known. Taller, than me, or Tauriel for sure. They reminded me of the king instead, or the prince. Legolas glimpsed at me from the far, so I got a warm smile. They had to be the highborns – I thought. The Sindarians.

Since we were still standing at the door, on the top of the stairs, what led to the guests, all the heads turned toward us slowly. I reached behind my back, and tried to find my maiden's hand.

'Freya' I said quietly, not taking my eyes off of the elves. 'Why for God... for the... Valar are they looking at me like this?' The elleth blushed a little, showing, my question was rightful.

'Well, maybe for your ears, my lady... They are long. Or they have seen you as a gardener before... Or...' I waved, that I understood. It was more, than sure, I could not act like one of them and just simply survive the night, by sitting in a corner without a sound.

'I guess, nobody would mind, if you stayed a little and took a look around' I said, and after a grateful bow, she disappeared. I lifted my chin a little, and walked down with elegant steps. Their gaze followed my every move. I looked around in the beautiful garden once again.

The great oak tables were full of irresistible fruits and light meat. Wine was flowing in the big fountains, and their surface mirrored the light of the stars from the sky. It was like drinking stardust – I thought playfully. There were also lanterns and candles, but the smooth starlight painted all the robes pale blue.

'Ú i vethed na i onnad
Si boe ú-dhannathach
Ae ú-esteliach nad
Estelio han...'

An angelic voice reached my ear from the near. Turning there, I saw a tall, golden haired elleth singing the song to the others, looking up to the darkness. I had to go closer. As I thought, she was beautiful, like a living goddess.