۶ One King to Another

Thranduil's POV

As the autumn weather became colder with every day, the Sun still had the power to make the afternoon pretty warm. It was pleasant, how the smell of flowers was still lingering in the air of the throne room. I was sitting with crossed legs, as always, and was playing with a red berry, that fell down from my crown. This day was absolutely a boring one, not showing, we were right before one of our biggest fest. Everything was quiet. Not a miracle, after I commanded my guards not to let anybody enter here, till I said something else.

Finally, after spending some peaceful hour alone, I waved to them. As I imagined, a little blonde head appeared in the door, at that moment. A young servant walked toward me nervously, and stopped very far. She bowed deeply.

'My King, Freya Yldirien, for your service' she started on trembling voice. I lifted my eyebrow. 'I am here to tell you, everything is ready for the beginning of the celebration. The wine is in the fountain, and the dinner will be served at sunset, as it was planned.' She looked up at me, for the first time. I'v never seen this elleth before. It was not strange. however. I didn't care who was working in the kitchen at all.

'If you allowed me, I'd go back to prepare my lady for the evening.' I just waved and leaned back on the throne. But her words made me curious, since I was sure, not even a single lady was living in my castle at this time. Just when she would have stepped out of the door, my voice stopped her.

'Who's your lady, Freya Yldirien?'

'Lady Noira' she turned back.

'Lady Noira' I repeated it to myself, and could not hide a smile. It was funny to hear her name with a title. But still, as the words left her mouth, the mentioned lady appeared to me... With dark, braided hair, silky white skin and shy smile, wearing an enchanting light dress. She was nearing in the moonlight, at the silver lake of the forbidden garden.

I closed my eyes tightly. I was not allowed to imagine her like this. I was not a young ellon anymore, who was free in mind, words and actions. Nor in feelings. I was a king instead, a father, and... I was a husband. I was. A long time ago.

I could never betray my wife's memory, what was so precious to me and Legolas as well. Everything became so difficult. I'v never planned to live my life after she passed away. But I had to. I'v never planned to let anybody enter my realm again, but I did, and I've never planned to let anybody enter my life, and my mind, but I did, and she just didn't want to leave it anymore. I'v never planned all these things, and it was just happening, and I was not asked about it!

That trespasser! She broke every single rule she met. She destroyed not only the borders of my realm, but borders, what were much more protected. I am afraid of the things I would do, if she stayed so close. But what have I just done?! I moved her into a chamber next to mine, instead of sending her as far as I could! Genius, Thranduil.

Oh, and now, I was hiding, as a stupid elfling. In my own palace. And made a fool of myself in front of my servants, giving reason to them to create gossips. It could not continue in this way!

For the Valar, what may my son think?

Another picture's lines appeared slowly, but it was older, and felt heavy. A beautiful blonde elleth was running in the summer woods laughing and holding my little elfling in her arms. Silivren threw him up a little, and Legolas opened his short arms, trying to reach the blue sky. Of course, he could not. His eyes went tearful.

'It looks like, you need to grow a little more, my little leaf' she hugged him gently, and my son's eyes brightened up. He knew now, once, he would reach it.

She turned around once and twice, and their laughs filled the woods with life, as filled my heart with warmth. I could not stop smiling. Her silvery tresses were flying around them, as it was just the ray of the Sun. A beautiful illusion.