Chapter 37

They spent Friday and most of Saturday cuddled up together again.  Rory was having a wonderful break.  Logan worked a little from his home office but never actually had to go in to the office.  By the time Saturday night, New Year's Eve, rolled around, they were once again ready to go out.  As a Huntzberger, there were several parties that Logan had to attend, so they made polite small talk through all of them until they finally made it to the Morgan's.  Rory had never actually met Finn's parents before so she was excited. 

His mom and dad greeted them as soon as they walked in.  "Logan!" his mom exclaimed and gave him a big hug.  "It's so good to see you dear, we have missed you.  Oh, and we finally get to meet Rory.  Dear it is such a pleasure!"  She gave Rory a big hug too. 

Finn's dad just smiled at his wife and shook both of their hands, "Logan, it's been awhile, last year's party?"  He nodded.  "And Rory, we've heard a lot about you over the years.  From what I've heard, we should thank you for keeping our son alive?"

Rory chuckled, "maybe a few times, but he actually takes care of himself surprisingly well these days."

His mom looked over to Finn and caught his eye.  "Yes, he has certainly grown up, hasn't he?  Too bad Logan claimed you, or we would have tried to make you our daughter in law," she said with a wink. 

"Mum, dad, quit monopolizing my friends!"  Finn said as he walked up to them.  "Logan, everyone is over there, I'm gonna steal your girl away for a dance."  He took her hand before either could protest. 

They were on the dance floor, and Finn was holding Rory close.  "You better be careful or Logan is going to get jealous," she told him with a sparkle in her eye.

"Darling, we all know that he has nothing to worry about.  If I thought he did, I would have stolen you years ago."

She just shook her head, "your parents are wonderful."

"Well they have always liked hearing about you.  They credit me being alive today completely to you," he chuckled.

"Oh Finn, those were the days, huh?  Would you go back?"

"You know, I don't think so.  We all have pretty full lives now, don't you think?"

She met his eyes, "yes we do."

After their dance was over, they joined their friends.  Colin was just telling them that he didn't the twins were going to want to come home after this week.  Like Ricky, they were spending several days with their grandparents.  This would be the last night everyone would be together, so they snuck away to the library and formed their own little sub-party. 

Once the night wound down, they said their goodbyes, and Logan wrapped his arms around Rory in the back of his car and held her until they got back to the apartment.  "I love you Rory Gilmore."

"And I love you Logan Huntzberger."

They were completely content with each other and, soon, they were curled up again in bed together.  Logan couldn't imagine anything better.  They were still curled up together when they heard someone stomping through their apartment at ten o'clock the next morning. 

"Come on you two! I brought coffee and danishes.  I need help.  Get out of bed!"  Finn said as he knocked on their door. 

"Well this can't be good," Logan said as Rory groaned and rolled out of bed.

Logan put on a shirt, Rory put on a robe, and they went out to find Finn sitting at the table with his hands on his head. 

"Good morning Finn," Rory said with her eyebrows raised. 

"Well it would be if I hadn't royally fucked everything up!"

"Isn't it a little early for theatrics, Finn?"  Logan asked him.

"Easy for you to say..."

Rory glared at Logan, then took one of Finn's hands, "what's going on Finn?  Start at the beginning."

"Well, Rosemary had a room at the hotel, but right after I got home, I got a call saying something had been screwed up, her reservation was lost, and no rooms were available.  So I told them to let me talk to her and told her she could stay in my guest room...your room," he said looking at Rory.  Logan looked at them both with a raised eyebrow, but didn't say anything.  "So she showed up.  She always knew that love and I were close.  She asked about your stuff in the bathroom, and I just said it was yours because you stayed with me sometimes before you and Logan got together again."

"Ok, so then what?" Rory asked, wondering if this was going where she thought it was.

"So then I left her to go to sleep, and I went to sleep too.  I got up during the night to pee and wanted something to drink so I went out to the kitchen.  I had kind of forgotten about Rose and was in my underwear.  She came out too, and she was in this damn silky, lace nightie."  He let out a labored breath, "I guess she hadn't planned on being around me when she packed.  We both just stared at each other.  I had always known she was drop-dead gorgeous but seeing her like that...I couldn't stop myself.  I went right up to her and kissed the life out of her, and she didn't even try to stop me!"

"FINALLY!"  Rory and Logan both said at the same time.

Finn glared at them and repeated himself, "the damn woman never tried to stop me.  I took her in my arms, and she jumped up and wrapped her legs around me.  I'll skip the dirty parts...we fucked until neither one of us could move anymore and fell asleep together.  When I woke up this morning, she was gone.  I tried to call her, but she won't answer."  He exhaled a big breath and continued to rake his hands through his hair. 

Rory got up and went to get her phone.  Sure enough, Rosemary had been calling her for an hour, obviously freaking out too.  She called her back. 

"Thank god!  Meet me in an hour.  I'll text you where."  Rosemary said and then hung up. 

Two seconds later she got a text with the address of a diner and that Juliet and Stephanie were already planning on it.

She went back out and told the two men, "well, you had better call Robert and Colin, I've got to meet the girls."

"You talked to her?  Is she ok?"  Finn asked quickly.

"Yes, she didn't say much but that's what I aim to find out.  I have to get ready."  She looked at Logan, "make sure he doesn't hurt himself."

Exactly an hour later, Rory, Juliet, and Stephanie walked into the diner together and sat down in front of Rosemary.

"I think I'm in love with Finn!"  She blurted out and then covered her mouth with a shocked look on her face.