Chapter 25

Logan didn't stay long after Ricky went to bed. He had to be to work early in the morning and knew that tonight was not the night for things to go any further.

He kissed her passionately, then released her. "I'll see you Thursday?"

"Of course. I can't wait."

"Do you have a babysitter already?"

"Sort of. He is actually going home with one of his friends, and I'll pick him up after our date."

"Good deal. I love you." He kissed her one more time.

"I love you too. Please text me when you get home."

"I will." Then he walked out the door to the waiting car.

She watched him from the door. She was glad Frank had driven him tonight, he looked tired.

Wednesday and Thursday passed by in a blur, and then Rory was at home after school trying to decide what to wear for their date. She decided that she had better not go too provocative, or they wouldn't be able to keep their hands off of each other long enough to have a date. She chose her black flats, red leggings, and a black flowered jersey knit dress. She was comfortable and feminine. And she knew Logan would appreciate her in a paper bag...so she wasn't worried.

Her doorbell rang, and she grabbed her coat and purse.  She answered the door and saw Logan standing there in khakis and a button down shirt.  Then again, she would also appreciate him in a paper bag.  "Hi there."

She gave him a kiss, "hi yourself.  Ready?"

"If you are."

She nodded, closed the door and headed for the car.  He caught up to her and put his hand in hers.  "Someone's excited."

"It's the potential for adult conversation, I've been talking to teenagers all day.  You can only hear 'totes adorbs' and 'bae' so many times before you wonder what on earth has become of the English language."

"Good thing they have a great English teacher then."  He said as he helped her in the car. 

"If you graded their papers you might not think so!"  She joked.

"Oh you really are ready for Christmas break aren't you."  He said as he pulled her into his arms.  He always had Frank drive him on nights like this because it made for a long day, and he could actually work a little on the road still.  "You look very nice tonight by the way."

"Thank you, and so do you, but you better take it easy or you'll have to give Frank an even bigger Christmas bonus to make up for him pretending nothing is going on in this backseat."  She said with a knowing smile. 

He put his hand to his heart, "Rory Gilmore I can't believe you think I would do something like that!  Frank can say anything he wants," he said with a wink. 

"Ok Finn," she replied sarcastically.

"Ok that's it, dates off.  Frank,"he said as he rolled down the divider, "we'll be taking Ms. Gilmore back to her house on account of cruel name calling."

"Geez Logan!  Take it easy, I'm dreadfully sorry.  I can't imagine what was going through my mind when I said that."  She said dramatically. 

"Alright then, carry on Frank." Frank just nodded.  He was used to this with these two.  He was just so happy to finally see that genuinely happy smile back on both of their faces. 

"Let that be a lesson to you, never compare me to Finn," he growled as he grabbed her and kissed her hard. 

"Well I definitely can't compare that to him," she joked as they came up for air.