Chapter 18

When Logan woke up, it took him a minute to realize where he was.  He could hear the credits rolling from their movie and feel Rory in his arms.  He looked down at her sleeping so soundly in his arms.  It felt like a dream.  This woman that I have longed for for years was actually in my arms and not by accident.  How am I going to keep from scaring her away?  All I want is to love her every day for the rest of our lives together.  She started to stir in his arms, when her eyes met his, he could see that she was happy too. 

He leaned towards her and touched his lips to hers.  The kiss started softly.  How could something so familiar feel so exhilarating after all this time?  Rory woke up in his arms and their kiss deepened.  She shifted to put her hands on his chest, and he ran his tongue along her lips until they opened to him.  Before he knew it, he was laying down on the couch and Rory was on top of him.  His hands had found their way under her shirt and just feeling the bare skin of her back set him on fire.  Rory had one hand in his hair while the other slipped under his shirt on his chest.  She was just about to rip off both of their shirts when Logan's phone rang. 

"Ignore it," she whispered while his lips worked their way down her neck.  His phone rang again, but he had no intention of answering it. 

Still exploring the side of Rory's neck, Logan heard Rory's phone ring and reached for it.  He saw Finn's face and hit the green button.  "This better be good," he growled.

Rory sat up and watched as his face started to relax.  He looked at his watch and then at her, "ya, I know where that is.  See you at 7," and hung up the phone.  "Apparently we have reservations in an hour and a half, and I need a very cold shower so we had better postpone this.  Even though I have desperately missed the feel of you on me."  He leaned in for one more kiss and then got up from the couch. 

Rory nodded and headed towards the guest room to get ready herself. A cold shower would have been nice, but she didn't have time. Instead she went to the bathroom to touch up her makeup and fix her hair. A night out would require a bit more shimmer and more curls. Logan had always liked her curls falling down her back so she pinned part of it back and curled the rest.

She took out her dress and started undressing. She remembered exactly where Logan's hands had been on her back, and just how long it had been since that had happened before. Six years is a long time to go without a man's touch. The fact that Logan was the last man didn't make her feel any better.

Rory wasn't a vain person, she never thought she was exceptionally good looking, but she never worried if she was pretty either. She had been blessed with good genes and her mother's metabolism. She thought she looked pretty good for being almost forty, but she hadn't been with a man since before she had Ricky. Something about that made her nervous. She was thankful that Logan also wanted to go slow, but, if what had happened earlier was any indication, it wouldn't be that long until they came together again in every way.

She wondered if she had changed in his eyes...when it came to Logan, she could only think that he got better as he aged. He worked out and stayed fit, and it definitely showed. Even when she closed that part of herself off, she still noticed Logan. Forty years had not been hard on him, and Rory knew that she wasn't the only woman who noticed.

She slipped into her dress and heels, then put on the matching jewelry. She walked out of the guest room to find Logan standing in the kitchen looking at his phone. Forty two years definitely looked good on him. No other man had ever looked quite that good in a suit, or ever would to her. From the broad shoulders to his tight behind, Rory knew she would never tire of looking at that body...no matter what became of their relationship in the future.

Logan realized he wasn't alone, and when he turned around he was speechless. His Ace was standing there looking at him, appreciatively if he wasn't mistaken. She had always been a knockout, and tonight was no exception. The deep purple dress she was wearing had a deep V in the front and back, and, if that wasn't enough, it hugged her body tightly only to stop mid thigh. The strappy, black high heels she had on only accentuated the length of her bare legs. She turned for him and her curls swayed on her bare back, teasing him even more. How the hell did she expect him to leave the house with her looking like that? Right now the only thought in his head was if she was even wearing anything under it!

"It's a good thing high school teachers have CPR training." She smirked.

"It's a good thing there are people waiting on us, or I wouldn't let you out of the damn door."

"Good to know, shall we?"

"Guess I don't have a choice do I?" He muttered as they walked out of his apartment.

Rory chuckled and led the way. His reaction had been everything she hoped for and more. It only showed her more and more that Logan would always be it for her. Being a mom would forever be the most amazing thing she had done in her life, but it is easy to lose yourself in the role. Logan was reawakening a forgotten part of her and it felt good.

She knew that if their relationship was going to work, she had to be as honest as possible with him. They were headed to the restaurant, but it would take about half an hour to get there. "Logan, there's something I need to talk to you about." She wanted to be sure she had his full attention. He locked eyes with her, his expression turned serious and he waited for her to continue.

"Earlier when we were...you know...on the couch. It was very good, and believe me when I say that I have missed that, but I haven't done anything like that since we...made our son." She looked down, visibly nervous at what his reaction would be.

Logan was surprised. He had been fairly certain that Rory didn't date much, but he had no idea that there hadn't been anyone since him. He was relieved in a way, but he also realized why she might be nervous to start things up again between them for that reason alone. He moved closer to her, "I didn't know."

"I know. That's why I'm telling you. I know we said we would take things slowly, but I wanted you to know why I have to take it slow. It's going to take a little time for me to get used to this again. I realize now that dressing like this probably gave you the wrong idea too." She was worried and trying to read his face.

He took her in his arms and tilted her head up so that her eyes met his. "Hey, I need you to understand a few things. First of all, I'm not going to claim to have been celibate for the last six years, but I haven't exactly been out there looking for it. I take the edge off when I need to and that's it. I hope that doesn't scare you away. I never looked for a relationship, because you are the only relationship I have ever truly wanted or needed."

"Second, what happened earlier was amazing, don't get me wrong, but I am enjoying going slowly. It has been a very long time since we took the time to get to know each other. It will be nice to do that again. I want to take the time to do this right."

"And third, if I'm reading you right, you're worried that you've changed since the last time?"

She nodded, so he continued, "you could never change in the most important ways, and it is impossible for you to be anything but unbelievably beautiful in my eyes. Besides, what you are wearing tonight is just another reminder of why I will never want another woman for as long as I live."

"Now, last, I know this part is anything but slow, but it shouldn't be a surprise. Rory Gilmore, I am crazy in love with you. I have never stopped. For twenty years, I have loved you. Just when I didn't think you could do anything to make me love you more, you made me a father. I don't expect you to say it back, but it's time you know it. You are the only woman I have ever and will ever love."

Rory just sat for a minute absorbing everything Logan had said to her. He had said everything that she had needed to hear from him. She knew it was genuine, Logan would never bare his soul to her to have it be anything but the absolute truth. "Oh Logan, you are, without a doubt, the love of my life, I love you more every day."

He was amazed to have this woman back in his life. He vowed to tell her that every day from here on out. "I know that tomorrow we probably need to talk about how we will do this, including how and when Ricky fits into it, but, for tonight, let's spend a night with friends celebrating how much we love each other?"

Rory nodded, "I like the sound of that." She kissed him deeply, savoring the feel of his lips on hers.

The car pulled up to the restaurant and they could see Finn waiting for them outside. They both had a feeling that this would be a night to remember. "You two will never guess what I have planned!" Finn exclaimed as they got out with a devilish look on his face.